IGNORED

Replacing fairing clear protectors

The clear protector pieces that screw into the bottom of the fairing on each side to redirect air flow are pretty scratched up & I'm thinking of replacing them. Anyone know if you can get those in a smoke color? Just wondering...not a big fan of the clear pieces.

Not sure, but you can paint them on the inside ( to prevent rock chips) or could use window tint and a heat gun....

The clear protector pieces that screw into the bottom of the fairing on each side to redirect air flow are pretty scratched up & I'm thinking of replacing them. Anyone know if you can get those in a smoke color? Just wondering...not a big fan of the clear pieces.

Guest tx2sturgis

How did they get scratched?

Well, anyway, if you end up replacing them with the OEM units, you can paint them on the inside and they dont look half bad.

It's not clear to me which ones he's talking about. The wind deflectors that bolt on to the brackets or the horizontal ones that extend two or three inches at the bottom of the fairing. Diamond R makes a nice set of SS ones with SS brackets for the former. I have had them for several years now and they are really good. If he is talking about the long/horizontal ones, I don't know of any other than stock. I have seen a lot of people paint them on the inside though and it looks nice.

I was talking about the long horizontal ones that attach to the inside fairing. I might try painting the old ones, or might just order another set of clears...we'll see. Thanks guys!

It's not clear to me which ones he's talking about. The wind deflectors that bolt on to the brackets or the horizontal ones that extend two or three inches at the bottom of the fairing. Diamond R makes a nice set of SS ones with SS brackets for the former. I have had them for several years now and they are really good. If he is talking about the long/horizontal ones, I don't know of any other than stock. I have seen a lot of people paint them on the inside though and it looks nice.

I was talking about the long horizontal ones that attach to the inside fairing. I might try painting the old ones, or might just order another set of clears...we'll see. Thanks guys!

I think I read that a member covered them with a chrome film, and they turned pretty nice. I also thought there was a set up for auction on Ebay, but just checked and they must have ended.

Any particular kind or brand of paint for this kind of plastic? Latex or acrylic? Glossy or semi-gloss? And did you only paint the back of the deflectors or both sides.

Nicely done.....

Thanks.

I used a spray-can product from Canadian Tire Auto department and I only painted the back. I believe it was a fast-dry enamel ... glossy.

Any particular kind or brand of paint for this kind of plastic? Latex or acrylic? Glossy or semi-gloss? And did you only paint the back of the deflectors or both sides.

Nicely done.....

Thanks.

Bobby G, we used Dupont (base coat and clear coat) and just the forwarding face side