IGNORED

New contest and other info

Freebird

Let's get one thing perfectly clear....there is no such thing as a X Texan. :) I am in the north as a service to all my southern brothers and sisters. I have successfully infiltrated these bluecoats but I tell you...there is still much to do here. They know little about the finer things in life....such things as fried catfish and Pittsburg hotlinks. They do seem like a marginally intelligent bunch of folks though. They are capable of learning...though a bit slowly...

My neighbor is an X Texan too......and y'all talk the same way, slow and with a strange accent.....:rasberry: But that's ok, it's fun to listen to.

But I think Texas is actually filling up with more Northern folks these days. You know, like the Squid and Monkey Boy, all trying to run away from the cold and snow but we see it followed them there.....:stickpoke:

My neighbor is an X Texan too......and y'all talk the same way, slow and with a strange accent.....:rasberry: But that's ok, it's fun to listen to.

But I think Texas is actually filling up with more Northern folks these days. You know, like the Squid and Monkey Boy, all trying to run away from the cold and snow but we see it followed them there.....:stickpoke:

Yup, we's cheap entertainment. Them Michigan boys ain't right either.

I have successfully infiltrated these bluecoats but I tell you... They know little about the finer things in life.... They do seem like a marginally intelligent bunch of folks though. QUOTE FROM FREEBIRD

We do know when to... "KEEP OUR PIE HOLE SHUT".....When is MD ? :moon: :rotf: :rotf: :fnd_(16):

They know little about the finer things in life....such things as fried catfish and Pittsburg hotlinks.

Don, I am leading a group (15-25 riders) today to eat catfish in a place called Georgetown Onestop here in Arkansas. It's about 17 miles from my house, but I have folks coming from as far away as 150 miles just to eat this catfish.

I didn't care for catfish 10 years ago...not until I started eating at this place. This is THE BEST catfish you'll ever put in your mouth. It is a HOLE IN THE WALL (literally) place that is only open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday's. On any of those nights, a RESERVATION is required (we go during the day).

This lady has had this place about 20 years, she uses ONLY flathead catfish, she uses ONLY fresh RIVER CAUGHT catfish, and NOTHING is ever frozen. She cuts the fish into chunks, and trims the fat! There is NO DARK MEAT or muddy taste to this catfish...NONE!

There is no menu!!! For $8.50 you get ALL YOU CAN EAT CATFISH, FRIES, HUSHPUPPIES, CUT ONION, TARTAR SAUCE, DRINK, AND DESERT (usually Lemon Cake)!!

I have eat catfish all over the place in the last 10 years (since I started at Georgetown), and have NOTHING as good, not even close. If her fish is a perfect 10 on the scale...the next closest place would be (in my opinion) a 3. Some people like catfish for the muddy/sewery taste, but I prefer the cleaner taste.

I'm hungry just writing about it.

If you're in this area on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday...let me know, I'll BUY YOUR DINNER!!!

Man...that really does sound good. There used to be a lot of places like that around Lake of the Pines in NE Texas. Most of them were gone though before I even left there. It got to where farm raised catfish were all you could find. Chains like David Beard's. I guess they are still around. The farm raised catfish just don't have a lot of taste though.

I actually found a place in Bowling Green, KY a few weeks ago when I was there on business that had fairly decent catfish. Nothing like those old hole in the wall places but it was pretty good. They had whole or fillets and I went for the whole catfish because it had been a while since I had been able to find them.

Now they have great fish here in NE Ohio too. Lake Erie Yellow Perch and Walleye are excellent but different than those river and lake caught catfish. :)

OH...and another thing that I just thought about...the place in Bowling Green didn't have those pickled green tomatoes...I mean REALLY... :confused24:

Edited by Freebird