IGNORED

Bees' wax old world formula furniture polish

ediddy

My son was at the pharmacy getting a prescription filled and saw a can of this polish. The clerk said they didn't think too much about carrying it in the store but since word has gotten out that they have it they can't keep it on the shelf. It supposedly cleans and prevents finger prints. I used some on the glass frame of my autographed picture of Larry Pegram on his racing bike. It really leaves a shine. I'm going to try it on my bike. Just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Bees wax is just the begining. Has anyone tried propolis? I've got a couple of hives here in the UK. Been doing it with my Dad for many years, but last year was my first 'solo' season. Good luck and fine weather bagged us 78 lbs of honey plus a jar of prop. Its worth a go if you've never tried it. Its often a component in beeswax hence all the goodies you get when you smell and proper candle

funny this thread comes up. There was a 1 night a week for 5 weeks class on beekeeping at a community college about 45 miles away that started this week, and I almost signed up. I see a beekeeper who's only 20 miles away offers 1 on 1 instruction including building a hive, and he'll sell the materials as well as a starter queen with some worker bees.

Bees wax is what I've always used to wax my bow (archery) string. And Grandma used to use it to seal foods that were canned in a pressure cooker as well as make candles.

I'm putting in some large flower beds and thought the bees would help pollinate the plants.

My Harley neighbor cleans EVERYTHING with Pledge. I even saw him spraying every wire under the hood of his car with Pledge last week.

I have seen a few dealers that use it to detail the bikes in the showroom.... great to use on windshields and helmet visors. It does not last as long as a say Turtle detailing spray but if you clean and detail your bike as often as I do.... it is excellent and inexpensive.

Re Beekeeping, Yammer Dan and Randy R if you're interested in starting this amazing craft send me a PM and I'll give you some pointers on getting going, and some of the pitfalls to avoid. I have a number of contacts around the USA who communicate with us here in the UK on similar problems and solutions. I'm sure there may be some forum members who keep bees so feel free to jump in