IGNORED

Any threads about resealing the front forks and replacing the springs?

Ill be doing mine soon with Progressive springs as well as polishing the legs and tubes. Also be doing the G2 mod with new throttle cables. Ill try to take pics if my patience holds up.

Edited by Ruffy

I had an independent shop do mine.. I wasn't brave enough to tackle the job myself, unfortunately.. In installed the Progressive Springs, new seals, synth oil, and 0 psi air. Front end dive when applying front brakes is all but gone and the bike sticks to the road a lot better.. After 75,000 miles it really needed it done.. prolly the first time (i'm the 3rd owner).

For anybody that has used Sonic Springs, (or any springs for that matter) I have a question. How long are they??

I received my springs from Sonic today, and they are only about 15" long, with spacers that are around 18" long.

Every other set of forks I've worked on, the springs have always been closer to the length of only needing a few (3 to 6) inches of spacer. These springs seem pretty short and I'm wondering if they sent the right ones.

I'm trying to get all of my part together (springs, seals, fork bushings, etc) so that I can make this a one or two day project with no need to wait for more parts.

Thanks

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Plainly the Sonic springs are a lot shorter than stock. It seems like they would be too short to allow for full suspension travel, but they must work the way they are designed.

Again, thanks. That sets my mind at ease.

I, like you, thought I had order the wrong spring! Rechecked the invoice and their website and confirmed the right spring had been ordered! Mine came without spacers and I had to contact them and Rick to find out what a spacer was. You will find both very supportive and informative if you decide you need some additional help!!