IGNORED

J&M Bluetooth Dongle

seforeman

Not sure any of you heard. But J&M will be offering a bluetooth dongle to work with their Bluetooth headsets. This will allow for full comm, plus CB, GPS, music etc. But as usual it's expensive - the base bluetooth dongle is 349.00, plus you need the interface harness listed below. They are also producing one for their J&M CB 2003 as well as GL1800, GL1500 and Harley. $600.00 total - but you can cut the cable.

From their 2011 Catalog:

JBLU-BHDG05 This is a J&M custom

BluHub™ dongle05 module featuring our

exclusive JMAHP (J&M Motorcycle Audio

Headset Profile) Bluetooth®software profile,

transmitting true stereo to 1 or 2 J&M

Bluetooth headsets, with simultaneous microphone signals transmitted back down to the

dongle.

When 2 J&M Bluetooth headsets are linked

to the dongle05, the continuous helmet-tohelmet intercom feature is activated thru the

dongle. Rider and passenger can also each

simultaneously link their J&M Bluetooth helmet headsets to their own cell phone or

Garmin Zumo, while linked to the dongle05.

This dongle05 is used to create a full featured motorcycle audio system, with stereo

music, CB/FRS, Navigation commands, cell

phone etc available depending upon the capabilities of the external equipment being connected.

The J&M Dongle05 is powered by the electrical system on the motorcycle (no batteries in

the dongle to charge).

This new dongle can be connected to most

motorcycle audio system configurations by

using one of the special connection harnesses offered as an extra cost accessory to this

custom dongle. (see options below) $329.99

JBLU-BHDG05-CA03 for connection to the

Yamaha Venture Royale. $249.99

Stu

I donno, but that seems like a lot of bucks to have Bluetooth capabilities. My GPS has Bluetooth/MP3 and syncs to my cell phone. Buddy Rich is building a cable to allow voice thru the head set mike that plugs into the Aux of the tape deck. GPS... $60 bucks, Cable..... $40. I supposed for someone that needs to be the first on the block to own something, the $600 can be justified?? Way too much for this kid....:mo money:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Garmin 665 and get perfect stereo and weather alerts and traffic and nav through plugging it into the aux port on the cassette deck. I WAS UNABLE TO TALK BACK TO MY CELL PHONE ....UNTIL... I found EDSETS out of Warner Robbins, Ga. who have a plug and play that goes between the headset plugin and has an extra 1.5mm plug for microphone in. On the 665 it works perfectly and I can now take and make calls and the person on the other end CAN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND ME AT 65 MPH. Their number is (937)-271-4077 and the part is "MicSplit-Venture-No" and I think I paid $70. On my trip to Greenville, SC this weekend My son and I could call each other from our bikes and ride and talk with no problems. He has an offbrand BMW with no CB, and a new$1000 Schuberth helmet with bluetooth to his Zumo 550 and his sound quality even at that price was like monaural. He liked mine better.

• 3 months later...

Check out the Motorola MotoRokr. Bought it for rental car use but have used it on RSV as well. Around $70. Gives you Bluetooth audio over FM and Play Pause Fwd Back Answer control of your phone from the cigarette pack sized module. Internal rechargeable battery gives about 6hrs use.

I have to say my MP3 thru aux cable sounds better though.