IGNORED

Surfing the web for better Insurance for my 2006 FJR 1300

E-Fishin-C

Worth every stroke.......WOW!!.. It's worth looking around each year for better insurance( Canadian Quotes)

$1,000,000 Liability

Accident Benefits Uninsured Motorist,Family Protection Fire and Theft ...Included

Collison coverage deductible...$1,000

Comprehensive Overage $1000

Rider Plus...$1435.00

Primmum....$836.00

Jevco........$733.00

TD Insurance...$642.00

I search everywhere Charlie and they all say around $1319.00 for the venture. It has to do with where I live in Ontario. What a crock! If I live up your way it is $400-500 a year cheaper. Glad you can find it cheaper.

Just for fun I went to the TD site to get a quote on my bike and my pickup. Better rate on the bike if you have another vehicle with them too. They were $300/year less for the bike and $300/year more for the pickup. Bike alone was $200 less than I'm paying now. Not worth the aggravation of having two different insurance companies to me. I've found in the past that the different companies that offer bike insurance like to give you a low ball rate to get you to sign up and then start jacking the price after the first year.

When you get the quotes, just make sure they quote you the same coverages you currently require. So many will just quote the lowest coverages...looks good until you have them bring everything up to what you need. I know this is a "duh" thing...but easy trap to fall into on the spur of the moment.

Hey GaryN,

I know. That's why I put free insurance in parentheses. Someone here posted several months ago and stated they get free healthcare in Canada and when I answered stating it wasn't free they gave me a short, huffy reply. I was just stiring the pot.

Insurance is high in Canada as is everything. But they get "free healthcare".

Someone said this a while back in a post.

Who told you that fairy tale? Nothing is ever free.

Correct.

Hey GaryN,

I know. That's why I put free insurance in parentheses. Someone here posted several months ago and stated they get free healthcare in Canada and when I answered stating it wasn't free they gave me a short, huffy reply. I was just stiring the pot.

Stirring the pot or not, I believe many folks "down south" have this misconception that us Canucks have free health care.

WE DON'T ... in fact, we pay dearly for what we have through our taxes. We also, at least here in British Columbia, MUST pay a monthly premium...($108.00 for my wife and I) and, on top of that, many medical services are not fully covered and lots are not covered at all.

Thankfully Nina and I work for companies who include extended medical benefits as part of their remuneration package otherwise I can tell you I sure wouldn't have a relatively new motorcycle to ride nor a fairly new truck to drive today.

I will admit to ignorance tho as I really have no idea what kind of medical coverage folks in the USA do have....??? Perhaps ya'll can chime in on this and enlighten me and others as at least for myself, I would really like to know.

I've always dealt with the Cooperators for car/life/house/bike insurance.

In 2010 my coverage on the '99 Virago 1100 would have cost me $1,319 (no accidents, multi-line discount) with them.

For comparison for our American friends, this is how they break down our coverage and insurance premiums in Ontario. These vary from Province to Province :

Liability - $1,000,000 - premium $129 (bodily injury and property damage) (RP - $128)

Accident Benefits (basic) - premium $804 (RP - $409)

Uninsured Automobile - premium $30 (RP - $11)

Direct Compensation (Property damage) - premium $47 (RP - $24)

Loss or Damage

- collision or upset $500 deductible - premium $140 (RP - $54)

- comprehensive (excl. collision or upset) $500 deductible - premium $145 (RP - $116)

OPCF 44R Family Protection (whatever that is) - premium $24 (RP - $63)

Based on recommendations from riders at work, I called Riders Plus and their quote was $805 for the same coverage on the Virago ! (see differences above in red).

When I bought the '09 Venture in July I took the insurance and plates of the Virago and the Venture became my daily ride. I increased my deductible to $1,000 from $500 and I am paying $910 per year.

I had tried TD for comparison but they were more expensive than the Cooperators on the Virago. Riders Plus was easy to deal with and offered the best price.

.... and yes.... Kitchener is less expensive than the Toronto area !