IGNORED

Passanger intercom/radio connection

I saw a picture of an RSV showing the passenger intercom recepticle up on the back of the drivers back rest.

I would like do that to mine.

Has anyone seen that or made that mod?

Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

I know it will take some kind of wiring work under the left rear armrest but I can't even get that off.

Thanks

Kent

Edited by SMSgt

I did it on mine and it is very easy to do. You will have to go to a electronics store and get an older style DIN cable (don't remember which number), rerun your existing cable under the seat and up between both seats. My wife says that was the best thing other than the armrests that I did for her. This is a very easy fix and I'm surprised not too many riders do this for their passengers. When she does not use it, it stores in the pouch behind my backrest.

I did it on mine and it is very easy to do. You will have to go to a electronics store and get an older style DIN cable (don't remember which number), rerun your existing cable under the seat and up between both seats. My wife says that was the best thing other than the armrests that I did for her. This is a very easy fix and I'm surprised not too many riders do this for their passengers. When she does not use it, it stores in the pouch behind my backrest.

Did you just plug the old style DIN cable and use it as an extension? Or did you have to do some cutting and splicing to get the female end for yout wife to plug in?

My wife wants arm rests too, where did you get yours?

The plug for the Venture audio is the same as the old computer keyboard 5 pin din cable. Just purchase a 5 pin din keyboard extension cable (if you can still find one) and you can probably reach anyplace you want. Google 5 pin din cable.

Mike

Well I went to Radio Shack and bought a 5 pin DIN cable. It had two male ends. I got on line and ordered a 5 pin DIN cord with one male and one female end. So I'll just plug in the extension cord and have my little mod complete. I'll return the Radio Shack part as it no longer serves any purpose.

:dancefool: