IGNORED

K 1600 BMW and 1st gen

Venturous Randy

Hey Randy,

It was VERY astute of you to pick up on the fact that BMW has made a pretty good attempt to copy some of the finer aspects of the design of the First Gen. Venture Royale!What surprises me is that any Motorcycle Company would take a good look at the First Gen. VR and FINALLY figure out that this machine was a "Kick A$$" bike and incorporate it's design features into it's design, for a motorcycle produced 28 years after the First VR was produced! Not to mention that there is a very large segment of the motorcycle riding population that actually enjoys riding a motorcycle that sits you better than any sport bike on the planet, and allows you to carve up the twisties with a "full bagger" scoot. The REAL shame of it all is that YAMAHA didn't realize this fact, and chased after Harley Davidson like a puppy looking for snack! I personally don't think that the new Goldwing holds a candle to the First Gen. VR, BUT I would be hard pressed to try to talk someone out of buying the new BMW because it is so much like the First Gen. VR, plus it has ABS!

My thoughts, for what they are worth, :confused24:

Earl

Edited by skydoc_17
ADDED PIC!

I sat on both of them today, the K1600 GT and the GTL. Both are nice Bikes, but the Handle Bars are too close to the Body for my liking. I'd need to find a Solution for that. They sure will hold their Grounds against the GW, no doubt about that. Power and Torque should be about adequate for taking out the ol' Lady over the Weekend.

No Word on Pricing or Maintainance Intervals ....