IGNORED

Looking for Information

1brewmaster

Good Day..

I am new to the Venture Rider Forum and requesting some help.

I am considering to purchase a 2004 Midnight Venture with 12,000 miles that appears to be very clean and honorable. Is there anything that I should be aware of prior to purchasing that would make this year bike a poor choice? Service records are not available.

I look forward to reading your responses.

Richard

Richard,

First off, WELCOME to the site.

Please make yourself at home and feel free to ask anything.

Ok, now to answer your question..

Click on the below link and read all about what known problems are on Yamaha Ventures.

Note:

Before you click on the below link. please keep in mind that not every Yamaha venture have every problem listed. Some purchase Ventures and never experience a problem, but no matter what problem you may have, I am certain we can resolve it here, on this site for you.

PS:

I sent you a Private email with my phone number in the case you do purchase the bike you want to talk more in detail or if you ever need help in the future.

Click here to read about known problems.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1067

Welcome The rear shock is a problem works shock a 600. fix. I looked for a list of problems someone has put together its here somewhere. This is a great site for inf. and you will find a lot of great people willing to help. JMC Eck found it while I was looking.

Edited by JMC
spelling

Richard,

Even though these listed problems have been reported and the shock is the most listed, I have 135,000+miles on my 02 and have not had any problems, whine, wobble or breakdowns. I have replaced the clutch once and rebuilt the front forks twice and my CB quit working this past summer.

:farmer:

A 2004 WITH ONLY 12000 MILES,IT'S NOT EVEN BROKE IN YET.I WOULD RUN A COUPLE TANKS OF GAS WITH SEA FOAM,THAT SHOULD CLEAN THE CARBS.LUBE EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.GIVE IT A GOOD CLEANING,TAKE IT FOR A LONG RIDE AND HAVE FUN.

WELCOME TO THE NUT FARM:thumbsup2:

With only a couple of very minor exceptions, all model years for the Royal Star Ventures are the same - no reason to avoid any particular year. These bikes are VERY reliable and do not suffer from any major problem except the failure-prone rear shock. There is no way to predict if you will have to replace the shock, but I would expect it and make sure I planned for the $500 repair (minimum).

My only real concern with that bike (after making sure it did NOT have a bad engine whine) is that a 2004 with only 12,000 miles has done a LOT of sitting and rotting over the years. Sitting and rotting is much harder on a machine that high mileage. If you do buy it, there are a number of things you should do immediately to reduce the chance of future problems related to that abuse. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose