IGNORED

Trike inf

tbbrider

hi terry

i can't help much as i just bought my trike a couple of weeks ago. but george ( kj5ix ) told me that hannigan makes a steer lite kit for our rsv that's raked 6 degrees. this kit can be ordered by individules. it cost $995.00 & talk to john lee. need to tell him the handlebar bushings need to be in the top. i see bongobob said 10 degrees i would give him or carbon one a pm. figure this out. looks like you have a hannigan tike kit. my kit is a motor trike converson. they stoped makeing a kit for our rsv's in '03. hope this helps some 'cause i need to do this my self.

reguards

don c.

Mine has the e z steer,someone from hannigan told me someone from venturerider put 1 1/2 risers which made it even easier to steer.Just asking i don't anything about this.

When I did my trike conversion I automaticly included a raked tree in my plans. I used the EZ steer system which I think has 6*. Could be wrong there thou. I also went with the longer Flanders handle bars & all stainless steel brake lines. My thinking was the additional leverage of the longer bars (wider too) would ease steering efforts. Anyhow with the setup I have I really have no steering problems. Adding risers in your case would probably accomplish the same thing I'd think.

I know a couple of trikers who still use the stock rake on their trikes and they do have to excert more effort steering in twisties plus tire sooner. The shoulders get a good workout. Those guys are generally in flat country so it's not a big deal for them. I do feel that having a raked front end keeps the bike tracking straight easier.

Larry

Yah! 6 degrees, not 10! The main idea is to bring the front tire more forward which is what makes it easier to steer. Shorter wheelbase = more effort to get the back wheels to follow, longer wheelbsase makes it easier to steer the trike...

PS I am installing a set of risers on mine as well but it is to bring the handlebars a little closer to me. I don't expect to gain any steering advantage but I do expect it to be more comfortable.

Edited by bongobobny

mine has the e z steer,someone from hannigan told me someone from venturerider put 1 1/2 risers which made it even easier to steer.just asking i don't anything about this.

i put the 1 1/2 risers on mine and it helped. I had been pushing down on the handle bars and it made it a little hard turning. When i put the risers on i was no longer pushing down on the bars. I do have a "rake" on my bike. I think it is a 4 degree, maybe a 6 degree.

I highly recommend putting the 1 1/2" risers on. when I got the trike, it didn't have the risers on and I rode it to the International rally in 2009 at the Hub. It was really hard to steer and I believe 1 Up told me about the risers. I put them on when I got back from Vogel that year and boy did it make a difference...HUGE! No problem steering the bike now.

Also, Hannigan trike kit comes with a 6 degree rake.

But if you put the risers on yours, tbbrider, I think you will find a world of difference. I know I did!

Don

The standard rake for the Yamaha is 6 as well as for a Harley, 4.5 for most Honda's and a 5.5 available from Trike Shop ( for Honda's)

I put the 1.5 risers on mine and it seemed to help a little, but wasn't really looking for steering difference I was looking to bring the bars back some for comfort.

I too have a RSMV/Tri wing trike..Originally had Baron risers, but found things like the Tail of the Dragon and across the US got to be hard work at times....E-Z Steer Rake kit added and it became a dream machine...But comfort was difficult as I lost the risers (wouldn't fit under the fairing with stock bars...) Changed to Flanders bars with a 6" pull back over stock...Of course new cables and such...30,000 later I love it, no arm/shoulder aches, power steering and $$ was worth it.....Now ifn I could just a windshied sorted (soon on #3) to get the wind off the back of my neck (gap between helmet and jacket) I'd be a real long distance runner...only do 600 a day now...But...New clearview XL GT glass is in route the barn....

i just bought my '99 r.s.v that has the motor trike kit on it. i've only put about 400 miles on it. i will be contacting the motor trike folks up in troup, texas. to see if they will share any info on this install. i do not know if it has a steer / rake kit on it. i do know that it is kinda hard to turn at low speeds, but once you get going. you just have to barley touch the bar ends and she will start moving & fast :shock3:. now if the standard rake is already 6 degrees on our bikes. what is the advantgage of spending a $1,000.00 on a e-z steer kit that is also 6 degrees when a set of 1-1/2" risers will do the same thing at less cost:starz:?

reguards

don c.

The e z steer set up will add another 6" to the rake. Take a look at the distance from the back of the front fender on the trike and then compare it to a stock Venture. You'll see the difference in how much the front is kicked out if you already have a raked front. If not it'll be the same as your other 99.

Larry

hi larry

thanks a bunch for the info. squid said to talk to you, and i really am thankfull for all the help and advise of the other rsv trikers. this is all new to me and it's a real learning curve. the trike handle so munch differently than a stock rsv. liveing in the houston area there's more flat stright land driving but there are roads that do have some challanging curves to them. and we haven't even made it to the hill country yet. again thanks a lot. :happy34:

best reguards

don c.