IGNORED

Meridian Yamaha Going out of Business

Aimhigh

Just heard from a friend that Meridian Yamaha, Meridian Mississippi, is closing their doors and going out of business. They are liquidating their stock. Those of you in the area have until 19 January to see what bargains you can find.

Just heard from a friend that Meridian Yamaha, Meridian Mississippi, is closing their doors and going out of business. They are liquidating their stock. Those of you in the area have until 19 January to see what bargains you can find.

How can they be the largest dealer in the South and still go out of business?????

A lot of people have bought there and their prices have been substantially discounted. They just have list prices on their web page, so if someone is interested in something, contact them and talk.

I have not heard that.

I liver 37 miles from them. I have never never been able to buy a bike from them at a good price. Bardwell or Hamilton Ala beat them to death every time.

I have an 09 Rhino sport and tried to by it there. I saved almost $2000 buying it at another dealer. Sept last year I was in the market for a 2010 Raider S for my sons graduation. I tried to buy from them. They were $1500 more than the other dealers before they started adding all those shipping, documentation and set up fees. I bought it from a dealer in Alabama. I saved enough money to put some chrome wheels on it...

They do a great job putting tires on my wheels. The service guys have gray hair so I trust them a little more. I have never had any other service done there but I think I would trust them a little to touch my bike.

I have not heard that.

I liver 37 miles from them. I have never never been able to buy a bike from them at a good price. Bardwell or Hamilton Ala beat them to death every time. .

I haven't bought anything there. Thought I remembered them having very good prices when I was looking at some new bikes. Maybe bad memory here.

If I can catch a warm day when I get back home from work..I might just ride down there to see what is going on. I know the one and only salesman pretty good. I shop the bike models there regularly... I will ask him and report back here.

Took a drive down to Meridian Yamaha today...

They are Closing the doors. Big signs say Store Closing.

40% off all accessories. They still got a lot of stuff to sell. Lots of helmets, leather, and textile jackets.

Also they got a lot of bikes that they did not have a month ago. They now have a 2010 Raider S like I was hunting and they said they did not have one and was not gonna order any due to all the 2009 Raiders they had in the show room.

They got a 2010 Black Venture, 2011 blue venture, 2007 used midnight venture and another venture gold and red with one of them bolt on trike kits. Got 2 of the new 2011 Strikers and a 2010 stratoliner deluxe. Had 3 Rhinos, Many many 4 wheelers, scooters, and other bikes. Had a couple of used Hardleys in there, Street Glide and a Dana.

I never could get a answer about if that 40% counted on the bike prices...so I do not know what they are going for. They always asked me to pay retail plus about $500-800 in fees for the bikes. Shipping, set up, documentation fees.

I hate it but I believe they did it to their self. I was looking for a textile jacket once. I found a Tour Master Draft sheer in there I really liked. It was a ventilated jacket with all the liners, rain and cold weather. They were asking $289 for it. Web had them all day long for $159 with all the liners.

I agree that the dealers are to high in price but if they are not a big volume dealer they just don't seem to make it.

The other side is the place with the jacket at 40% off is still higher then what you bought it on the web.

It seems the web is taking over the sales on accessories so in a few years you won't be able to look at anything in person, have to buy it by picture or see it being used by someone else.

I got to tell you also I know the local dealer, where he lives and something about him and his family. He is not living in a multi million dollars home and driving $500,000 cars. He's been around for some 40 years.

I'm not bad mouthing you guys for buying on the web I'm just making a few comments.

I also buy most of what I need on the web.

BOO