IGNORED

Jingle Bells...Jingle Bells...

Sylvester

Well here we go again. Winter storm in the SE for the second time this year. Why did I move away from Nebraska? Getting really hammered with 5" on my deck already and it is supposed to snow all day and then turn to freezing rain. I think I will hybernate.

:farmer:

Pictures will follow!

You just moved to the wrong side of the state. Mind you we did get snow last time, but it melts faster on this side of the state. We also don't typically get as much. Then again this is a weird winter. I'd rather the snow then the possible ice they say we may be getting.

Margaret

It's not supposed to snow in NC...is it???

We're contemplating retiring to Western NC or Eastern TN....

After spending 20+ years in North Dakota, I stand by my motto "NoMoSno"!!!

:snow2: :snow2: :snow2:

Yeah it snows in Western NC cause you're in the mountains. You want to avoid the snow head closer to the coast.

Margaret

There's a light snow coming down in Myrtle Beach right now but that's not too bad. Just got off the phone with a buddy in Nebraska. He said they are getting hammered, snow falling for the past 13 hours. Said hi wife has just been staring thru the kitchen window for 3 hours and if it gets much worse he'll have to let her in. :dancefool:

If you ever want to come up this way, and I am in north east Tennessee, let me know and you may have a place to spend a few days. I might also need a place to stay sometime in Florida.

RandyA

If you ever want to come up this way, and I am in north east Tennessee, let me know and you may have a place to spend a few days. I might also need a place to stay sometime in Florida.

RandyA

I'll keep that in mind...we are heading up that way in June. :thumbsup2:

I live about 45 miles due east of Orlando...got a couple of spare rooms...and a place to "camp" if you are a die-hard tent camper!

So ya'll miss Nebraska do ya? LOL! You got to be joking. It's been snowing steady here since Sunday morning and not supposed to stop until Tuesday. Temps dropping tonight to near zero to lower again Tuesday and Wednesday.

But its a dry snow. And coming straight down instead of sideways. That's refreshing!!

But feel free to load up your sled and head back this way. I'll shovel out a spot in front of the igloo for ya.

Mike

So ya'll miss Nebraska do ya? LOL! You got to be joking. It's been snowing steady here since Sunday morning and not supposed to stop until Tuesday. Temps dropping tonight to near zero to lower again Tuesday and Wednesday.

But its a dry snow. And coming straight down instead of sideways. That's refreshing!!

But feel free to load up your sled and head back this way. I'll shovel out a spot in front of the igloo for ya.

Mike

I rode back last summer for a (get this) grade school reunion. The reunion was great and re-established child hood friends, but the T storms and heat liked to kill me. When I left Omaha and headed toward Dallas, TX I hit the worst winds in Kansas I have ever ridden in. I kept pushing ahead and hit Oklahoma and soon the heat went from 87 to 97 and very humid. Enough... I will stay where I am and complain.

Go Huskers!

:farmer:

I'll keep that in mind...we are heading up that way in June. :thumbsup2:

I live about 45 miles due east of Orlando...got a couple of spare rooms...and a place to "camp" if you are a die-hard tent camper!

One of these years I would like to tow down to your area in about March and spend the night and leave the car and trailer and then spend several days meandering around the southern Florida area, all the way to the Keys. I would then want to spend the night and then head back to the mountains.

Even though as part of my divorce, most of the funiture ended up in Alabama, I am in the process of restocking my four bedrooms just so some of my friends on here can come to this great riding area and spend some time. This past September, Arthur (ADC) allowed Linda and me to stay at his place and we were also able to go over to the Outer Banks. Him allowing us to do that is really what made the trip possible. We also had a really great time getting together with several from eastern North Carolina.

RandyA

I hope everyone makes it thru your bad weather, but with all the ribbing you give us Northerners when we are freezing and you all are riding in 70 degree weather I can't help but grin a little bit. :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by KarlS

Parts of western NC gets lotsa snow.Within 20 miles from my house is 3 major ski resorts.About the same for east Tennessee.