IGNORED

ATTN: Motor Rebuilders

I just purchased a 4 hour DVD all about rebuilding the 1200/1300 engine. It is based on the VMAX engine but as you know it is the same basic motor. Should anyone want to borrow it I will make it available for shipping costs.

Don, maybe you could make this a sticky...

Bob,

Is it the one that is on Ebay?

I have the engine DVD and his new card DVD, both are great.

Seller I got these from is:

http://shop.ebay.com/luci0903/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

He has both of them listed for $20 total including shipping.

The carb video shows all the parts needed to do a COMPLETE rebuild, but I doubt many would buy everything he shows.

I got a gallon of the carb cleaner he recommends using from AutoZone, called Berryman's

Gary

Edited by dingy
fixed link

The link above takes me to an eBay home page and not the the item mentioned, or the Seller. Help, please? Thanks!

I just bought the one in the ebay link, I should have it soon. You or anyone else local can borrow my copy.

Edited by RandyR

Try this link, it is to sellers page that has his items listed for sale.

http://shop.ebay.com/luci0903/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I know Bongo is trying to help by offering this, but if you take into consideration the quality of this video and the time it took this man to make it, it is certainly worth the small fee he is asking to buy a copy from him. I received both of the DVD's I bought within three days of paying.

He is offering both the engine video DVD and the Carb video on a second DVD for $20 bucks for both including shipping, that is not much considering what one will spend in parts if you do undertake rebuilding a motor or carbs. Or you can get the motor for $16 including shipping, the carb DVD is $13 including shipping. He did not have the carb video when I first got the motor DVD.

He has some clips of segments of both DVD linked to the Ebay pages that show some of the content.

Just for info, the motor video only shows rebuilding the motor, it is in a completely stripped down and prepped condition when video starts. He even goes into how to properly size the main bearings as the are not all the same.

Carb video shows the carbs off the bike, but the disassembly of them is shown.

Gary

Thanks, Gary, for the improved link (which works fine)!

For those that can afford to acquire the videos, you are correct, in that it's always great to support those who make a worthwhile contribution and/or have a great product at a wonderful price. In this case I would say this person has accomplished both.

For those that are not able to make the purchase, "Hat's Off" to both Bob and Randy for offering to make their copies available. Either way, as Forum Members, we win. Now, how cool is that?

:thumbsup2:

When you get ready, I would be interested in viewing the engine rebuild DVD. Just let me know what you need for shipping to my Arkansas address (72081). I can view it quickly and get it back in a timely manner.

No problem!! Of course, I'm going to errr... experiment... and see if I can save a copy to my computer... just to see if it can be done, mind you, and, errr... if I can burn a copy on some form of media say, a flash drive, or perhaps a plastic disc, well...

I ordered the motor and carb dvd Fri , so it will available sometime this week in south Texas ! Bob , I agree , It would be nice to have a copy in a netbook so when I am on the road , in case of emer. I can use it , the netbook don't have a disc drive . We need to frigger out how to put it in on a netbook :whistling: the only way I know how is to put it in the main PC than move it to a flash drive , using a the flash dr. to install to the netbook ?:confused24: :innocent-emoticon:

Thom