Has anyone tried this light set up and have pictures?

Oddly enough I have this same light on my project VStar (soon to be finished).. it's a nice looking chunk of chrome and lights.. bright!! Sexy looking but i think it would look kind of "odd" on the Venture. Too small too tight looking..

The mounting system is a little 'off' for a RSV mounting system, not sure how they would configure it to do the job. But I shouldn't think it would be too difficult to be honest..

I have Yamaha Stratoliner lights, 2 bulbs in each lamp ( 5 watt yellow and 35 watt PIAA) fit in stock Venture light bar.

Cb

I made a couple changes ... wondering what your thoughts are...

[ATTACH]52957[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52958[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52959[/ATTACH]

Well it is $270 for the Yamaha set up then if you buy the spacer if this set up fit better for fairing removal and it looked a little better then the chromed bent tube for $150 from the dealer I would have added it to my wish list and if every one feels the same way on cost eventually I might find it cheaper. :thumbsup2:

I made a couple changes ... wondering what your thoughts are...

I had toyed with the idea of also blacking out the chrome around the headlight, I was going to mock it up with black tape first though.. But after seeing your photos, I think I have to leave it chromed.. it's very much a personal opinion mind you..

The lights you mentioned having on the bike, do you have a link to them where I can check out specs and such?

What are the lower round items on the bike? Lights or horns? Not sure what those are..?

Good looking bike!! ;)

Hey Silvr, it took me a number of looks at the photos to see the changes. I am not a big chrome guy but I also like the look of the chrome headlight.

Those are my horns under the lights ( jcwhitney $35 each) I wanted my horns in front of my bike, I tried a Stible (?) horn but wanted the horns up front. I made some brackets and just wired into the old horn wires, no extra relay required.

Cb

Sorry I forgot about the lights . They are stock Yamaha Startoliner lights. I traded in my Startoliner for my Venture and had a extra pair of lights. I purchased a Venture light bar and the install spacer to make fairing removel quicker.

The wirng for the lights are the same color for installation so the was no problem.

From what I have read stock Venture lights are seal beamed and there are not a lot of choses for light bulbs. The Startoliner use stock car bulbs so you can install whatever you want. I installed 2 yellow 5 watt and and 2 white 35 watt Piaas in mine.

Cb

Nope but they use MR16 bulbs, so if you want a differt wattage or beam pattern you can swap out the bulbs.

There are MANY 12V MR16 bubls on the market.

Sorry I forgot about the lights . They are stock Yamaha Startoliner lights. I traded in my Startoliner for my Venture and had a extra pair of lights. I purchased a Venture light bar and the install spacer to make fairing removel quicker.

The wirng for the lights are the same color for installation so the was no problem.

From what I have read stock Venture lights are seal beamed and there are not a lot of choses for light bulbs. The Startoliner use stock car bulbs so you can install whatever you want. I installed 2 yellow 5 watt and and 2 white 35 watt Piaas in mine.

Cb

INTERESTING indeed.. I'll have to check it out..

Many thanks M8