IGNORED

Water pouring out of the bottom of motor

bnice273

Hello to all. I am in a great need for some help. I live in NC and with the cold weather we have had and me starting a new job I have not had alot of time to ride my bike. I have a 2000 MM and I went out to start it up and I was letting it run since it has been cold. I went out to check on it and noticed a large cloud of smoke coming from underneath the motor and then I looked under the motor and noticed water pouring out of the bottom. I was wondering if anyone on here would have suggestions as to what the problem is. Thank you in advance for the help that I will receive with this issue.:95: Hopefully it will not cost me alot of :mo money:

Brian,

A little more specifics would help, where exactly is the water coming from? Front or back of the bike and have you done any maintenance to the bike related to cooling systems parts like hoses or drain plugs? Just trying to narrow it down a bit, if you could take a pic of where it's coming out from we can try to help you trouble shoot it. My cell # is in my profile, give me a call and we can chat a bit.

It was getting dark when I noticed it. It was coming from the back of the motor. I could not see exactly and I will not be able to get to it until probably in the next week or so hopefully. Once I get a chance to look at it I will get in touch and let you know where it is coming from. Is the water hose at the back of the motor. Thank you for your help and I will call when I get a chance.

I had one of the seals that are under the fake fins start leaking one time. Possibly with the cold one of yours has shrunk and gotten harder and is leaking. I put a couple of layers of electrical tape on the fake fin cover to put extra pressure on the seal and that stopped the leak. I have new seals stored somewhere for the day when it starts leaking again.