IGNORED

Blue and yellow wire?

ken

Well I've always been a person that likes the clean look on my bikes and I like to keep it simple. So I removed a tail light bar and back off module that the PO put on. There were a lot of wires and relays to remove. Now once I was finished I found two wires that I'm not sure where that go. They are at the tail light area and come out of the OEM harness. One is blue and the other yellow and both have male leads. Now every thing back there work. Tail light, brake light, turns, and hazards. I'm stumped.

:starz::starz::starz::starz: Are you talking about the headlight? If so both high and low beam still work along with the front running lights.

Blue should be running light (low beam) in brake light housing, and yellow should be brake light (high beam) in tail light housing. At least per 83 diagram, RSV should be same.

Well I've always been a person that likes the clean look on my bikes and I like to keep it simple. So I removed a tail light bar and back off module that the PO put on. There were a lot of wires and relays to remove. Now once I was finished I found two wires that I'm not sure where that go. They are at the tail light area and come out of the OEM harness. One is blue and the other yellow and both have male leads. Now every thing back there work. Tail light, brake light, turns, and hazards. I'm stumped.

Ken,

Are you saying all the rear end lights are functioning and these two wires are not attached?

I don't see anything in the RSV schematic that would match these two wires with male connectors on them.

Like Bkuhr posted, there is a blue & yellow wire going to tail/brake lights. But these two wires should be in a six pin connector.

Gary

YES!! Everything works, without these two wires pluged in. But they do appear to by factory. There is no six pin connector back there, just a bunch of male and female connectors.:confused07:

Ken,

Are you saying all the rear end lights are functioning and these two wires are not attached?

I don't see anything in the RSV schematic that would match these two wires with male connectors on them.

Like Bkuhr posted, there is a blue & yellow wire going to tail/brake lights. But these two wires should be in a six pin connector.

Gary

Ken,

On my 83 the 6 pin connector is forward on the left side near rest of left side connectors(regulator/stator) for removing the whole rear end intact. There are bullet connectors right on the fender near the actual turn and brake housings, for removing these housings.

Need to look how you brake housing is actually hooked up, suspect PO tapped into stock wiring somewhere you have not found to keep the brake/running light working, and used the empty connectors you have found for the original mod. Just a guess but pretty sure blue and yellow should go only to the brake housing

Another thought, does the RSV have stock dome lights or lights in the luggage, if so may be for these.

Amazing how 1st gen guys answer about 2nd gen wiring!! Ken, as stated, blue is running lights and yellow is brake. There is a "T" conection that split the line as it went into the individual turn signals and the main tail light as I remember. Maybe the PO eliminated these or something. Sorry I'm not stock there but I'm sure eventually a 2nd genner will give you the answer you need...

Amazing how 1st gen guys answer about 2nd gen wiring!! QUOTE]

Them second gens got slower wire?:whistling:

The "Second Gens" only run on two of the four cylinders. Those are the wires that turn on the other two cylinders. :sign woo hoo:

NO ONE dare hook them up for fear they would NOT be able to hang on and would loose the rocket! :stickpoke: :witch_brew: :whistling:

Just my opinion :2cents:

Bryan

There is a hitch and a harness at the hitch. To this point I've not tracked back the harness to see where it's wired. Guess I never thought about it til now.

It almost sounds like someone had a trailer wired up or some other lighting system parellell (sp) to the stock and really messed with things. .

I GOT IT!! The wires are for the trailer harness! I tracked backwards from the trailer harness and wouldn't you know it runs up the inside of the fender in to the tail light housing. Thanks Rick :bowdown:

It almost sounds like someone had a trailer wired up or some other lighting system parellell (sp) to the stock and really messed with things. .