IGNORED

Vacation

Verninator

Hello Everyone,,

I had to cancel my trip out to Florida caverns due to an Emergency Service Call Saturday morning. Work.

Most of my Vacation time this year was used to work for other people or Repairs/ Improvements on my Property. So the week of T-Giving I am off with NO Service call responsibility. I have lived in Florida for 20 years and have never made it to the Florida Keys. I am considering taking a senic ride through middle of Florida/backroads to the Keys. Maybe leave on Monday ride back on Wedesday, if I can find real cheap places to snooze,shower, etc... Anyone Else planning a ride or is everyone just talking about riding. :think: LOL Anyone else want to head south?

Does anyone have a suggestion of cheap/good place to stay in Key Largo, $50-70 per night.? Camping Cabin, RV Rental, B&B, etc.....

Any Opinions welcome.

LAter Vern

Have ridden to the Key West twice. As you get close to the end of the road there is a campground on the east side of the road at the water. I camped but I think there was a cabin or two.

Had a great time on both trips. What was really fun was getting up and watching the sun rise over the atlantic and in the evening watching the sun set over the gulf. Also every evening there is a float parade at the pier on the gulf side. People come out and it's a party for many. Have a great trip and if you get a chance ride throgh the swamp Okie.

National Park...you will see and can visit the smallest post office in the country.

Hello Everyone,,

I had to cancel my trip out to Florida caverns due to an Emergency Service Call Saturday morning. Work.

Most of my Vacation time this year was used to work for other people or Repairs/ Improvements on my Property. So the week of T-Giving I am off with NO Service call responsibility. I have lived in Florida for 20 years and have never made it to the Florida Keys. I am considering taking a senic ride through middle of Florida/backroads to the Keys. Maybe leave on Monday ride back on Wedesday, if I can find real cheap places to snooze,shower, etc... Anyone Else planning a ride or is everyone just talking about riding. :think: LOL Anyone else want to head south?

Does anyone have a suggestion of cheap/good place to stay in Key Largo, $50-70 per night.? Camping Cabin, RV Rental, B&B, etc.....

Any Opinions welcome.

LAter Vern

Don't think you are going to find anything in that price range in the Keys. We've stayed there for years and most of the dumps are around $150.00..... Don't know about the camping thing but the camp ground in Key West is around $100 a night I heard.

This could be the off season but I doubt that anything close to Thanksgiving would be considered off season...

It's really nice down there though..

Good Luck,

BOO

I live in Fort Pierce, Fl on the east coast you are more than welcome to leave the car and trailer at my house.

Tom

Just had a discussion with my lady on how much I would love to take a trip to Key West. We even talked about trailering the bike down into FL and maybe finding a VR member that would let me leave the car and trailer and ride down from there. This just happened this morning before I left for work.

RandyA