IGNORED

89 VR Rear Brake Lever Plastic Washer ?

The Rear Brake Lever has two white washers. Mine shows several bad looking cracks, as if the piecies would fall apart if I took it apart. I looked them up and it looks like the 2 parts I need are the following:

It can be found under Stand Footrest.

1) Part 68 - COLLAR 90387-06701-00

2) Part 70 - WASHER,PLATE 90201-100A1-00

I took the part 69 Nut Crown 90176-10073-00 off thinking part 70 would come off easily, but it did not.

My question is, has others replaced theirs, or is it something to not bother with. The brake pedel does works fine.

Hey Brian,

The inner and outer Nylon washer allow the rear brake pedal to pivot on the brake pedal shaft and take up space in this assembly to keep the brake pedal from rocking and sliding side to side. If the rear brake pedal doesn't rock, slide side to side, or bind up then the cracks are basically cosmetic. Jack has made a good point, just replace the outer spacer, (the most visible) and select a spacer thickness that removes the "slop" out of the rear brake pedal. Too thick of a washer will bind the brake pedal, (BAD Thing!) You might want to pick up a few different thicknesses of Nylon shim, use the one that fits best, then return the rest.:confused24:

Earl