IGNORED

October ride

mraf

Well we did it again. The harvest this year was early and bountiful. Which left us with a window to get the heck out of here. So on October 7th we packed up the Venture and headed southwest again.

The itinerary was to basically see Mesa Verda Nat'l Park , Bryce & Zion Canyons Nat'l Parks. We rode Interstate until we came to Highway 50 in Missouri past St. Louis. From there it was nothing but two lane blacktop. We made stops at Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Mon., The Strater Hotel at Durango, Colorado {had to have a drink at the Diamond Belle saloon} cool place felt like the Earps could walk in anytime, Natural Bridges Nat'l Mon., Capital Reef Nat'l Park, Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park, Zion Nat'l Park, Standin on the corner at Winslow Arizona, Valley of Fires Nat'l Rec Area, Roswell, New Mexico from there to Amarillo, Texas to I-40 then interstates back home.

The weather was beautiful. In the mornings it was alittle cool but by 9:00 or 10:00 it warmed up fine. Before the trip I had bought the wife a Tourmaster heated coat and myself a Tourmaster heated vest. Her coats control unit failed after the second use of it so I gave her mine which she used off and on for the rest of the trip. I never needed my vest anyway. Since I have been home I have recieved another control unit for the failed one plus bought another one for a spare.

I have heard that the aspen trees are beautiful in the fall. Let me tell you that this fact is true. They were a very bright gold. This made for some breathtaking visas with the green and gold against the mountainsides.

We only rode in the rain once and that wasn't a hard rain. It was when we were making the first ascent into the Rockies in Colorado. The rain stopped after we were through the pass.

The wife took 724 pictures. I will only post a few as pictures do not do the beauty and splendor of the west justice. The Venture ran like a Swiss watch. Burned up roughly over $300.00 of gas and a 1/2 qt of oil. Total miles 4577 in 15 days but right now it just seems like a dream. :D

Terriffic Allen!!! Glad you and Prudence got the opportunity and had good weather as well!! We've been to the Grand Canyon and Zion but you did a lot more than that! We were there for the "October surprise" on vacation and have to agree that the fall folage is spectacular!! We look forward to returning some time...