IGNORED

Prepping for a real ride

ThomWill

I know the feeling. I got my bjke last Feb and the longest trip I've been on was to Daytona for Biketoberfest last month. Tomarrow morning I'm going to Leesburg to vist my parents. I'm going by way of J&P cycles (Bruce Rossmeyer HD) in Daytona so it's @300 miles round tip. Can't wait to get on the road.:thumbsup2:

Leaving Wed after work to ride down to the Orlando / Kissimmee area to visit my Dad for a long weekend. Be my first real touring length trip on the RSTD. I gotta say, I am excited about getting her out on the open road where she belongs.

You have a safe trip and "BE CAREFUL". Lets us know how she handled for ya and the RULE applies :photographing: :biker: :fnd_(16):

Just finished my longest, a little over 1100 miles round trip from Charlotte to Cape Canaveral, for the Florida meet and eat. I enjoyed every mile. (except for 1 or 2 when the cage idiots tried to rule our lane)

Get on out there and ride, ride, ride.:big-grin-emoticon:

I got back from my ride to Leesburg last night around 6:30. Man did I have a great time. The trip through the Ocala National Forest is a fantastic ride. No traffic, beautiful weather (sorry guys up north) and an open road. Checked my MPG when I filled up in Leesburg. 155 miles and 3.2 gal got me 48.4mpg.Topped it off at home with 114 miles and 2.3 gal and got 49.5mpg. I went 269 miles and used 5.5 gal. Thats 48.9 MPG!!! Even I can't believe the scoot did that good. The numbers don't lie.:thumbsup:

Leaving Wed after work to ride down to the Orlando / Kissimmee area to visit my Dad for a long weekend. Be my first real touring length trip on the RSTD. I gotta say, I am excited about getting her out on the open road where she belongs.

This weekend is the Disney Masters of Arts festival,, lots of very interesting art of all type on display at Downtown Disney and the Disney shopping center areas. All free. We go down every year. Usually not on the bike though, I don't like riding through Orlando on I4 on the bike.

It was a GREAT ride down!! I made TERRIBLE time and had a great time at it! Interstate on wed. But all numbered U.S. Routes yesterday, met some great folks along the way and saw towns that before were only names on interstate signs. Just over 500 miles here, but of course I went out of my way to go out of my way.

Looking forward to the ride back on Sunday.