Has anyone fixed the plastic pins for the side panel the push pins things that go into the rubber grommet and how did you do it?

Check with Black Owl, for some ball studs to replace them with. It is an easy way to replace any broken pins. I used nylon lock nuts on my ball studs, when I installed them.

Has anyone fixed the plastic pins for the side panel the push pins things that go into the rubber grommet and how did you do it?

jim, if you were lucky enough to have the broken off post, stay in the rubber grommets, then you can simply glue them back in place.

if ,not, then you will have to fabricate some new posts.

in order to do that, you really have to WANT to.

we're talking modeling clay, and "homemade glue", and lots of time.

just jt

Blackowl is your best bet for the ball stud info! Check out this thread. I ordered some from hom to have on hand if I need them. :scratchchin: Now if I can just remember where I put them! :confused24:

And for other plastic repair I've used Devcon Plastic Welder (2 part epoxy) and fiberglass cloth with great success. Easy to replace/rebuild tabs and reinforce cracks.

Wow lot of good ideas. After my crash my big fairing piece is in shambles luckly I had a replacement of the same color I previously bought on ebay. Now I have a big practice piece for plastic welding and trying different ideas of plastic fixing. I previously fixed my chin piece just with ABS plumbing glue. Now I get to fix it again and you know what it didn't break in the same place as before. The pins are still attached to the big fairing piece. I'm gonna try to repair as much as the plastic I can basically the whole right side. I gonna have to buy the inside plastic fairing piece too damaged and maybe the headlight/dash frame.

I'm gonna try a local hardware store for those little ball things this store has every little wierd bolt/nut you could want many in stainless or chrome for bikes also metric/english I love that place.

Guys, sorry to come in late on this, been out breaking the Mark I in.

I'm a firm believer in Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screws. As I was looking at some broken pins, it occured to me that a 6mm SHCS would fit, and it does, very well. You can get them in several lengths (I buy in bulk from Grainger) and use a couple of nuts to hold them in place. If they aren't QUITE tight enough for your liking, put some heat shrink tubing over the ends.

I know, I know, this is useless without pics. Will try to get some in the near future. Too busy freezing in West Virginia and loving the Venture!

Paul