IGNORED

C B Radio

Big Ed

Can anyone tell me why my CB only works before noon. It usually works fine when we 1st take off then later in the day I can be heard but I can't hear anything but a dead key. If anyone has had this problem please tell me what to do to fix this problem.:buttkick::bang head:

Had a similar issue, figured out it was the control cable connection it would draw moisture at night and once it was dried out it worked. Cracked open the fairing cleaned and reconnected the cable little dielectric grease and I was good to go.

Thanks Joe but mine is just the opposite,I works in the morning but not after noon or around that time of day. It sounds crazy I know but true. Works just fine when I take off 1st thing in the a.m. but then after awhile it just quits.:confused24:

It sounds like it may be a heating problem in the CB itself. I take it all your other audio functions work fine? Do you have to do anything to it to get it to stop working other than ride? If you are transmitting quite a bit you may have a VSWR issue.

It works just fine for awhile and everything else keeps working just fine. 1st it starts letting me get out and hear then after awhile everyone can hear me but I can't hear anything but a dead key, and eventually they can not hear me anymore either. Sounds crazy I know.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Big Ed :confused24: :confused07:

Most likely it is poor connections in one of the plugs. Re-seat them all several times to scrape the pins good, then lightly coat the contacts with dielectric grease. Do the plugs in the fairing, and if the problem does not go away, check for all the plugs under the passenger seat. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Most likely it is poor connections in one of the plugs. Re-seat them all several times to scrape the pins good, then lightly coat the contacts with dielectric grease. Do the plugs in the fairing, and if the problem does not go away, check for all the plugs under the passenger seat. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Had a similar problem cleaned all the plugs and any ground connections as mentioned above, but my problem I think was that all those plugs were not tie straped to the inner fairing.

After the cleaning and making sure the cables with the plugs were secure have not hada problem since.

Except for the occasional squelling in the headset when the passenger disconnects the headset cord. I have been chasing this one since i got the bike. Get it fixed then it acts up again.

Brad