IGNORED

A couple of early V4 Motorcycles

Freebird

check out the size of the gas tank on the AJS model...

hate to fill that thing nowadays.. probably only cost $2.00 to fill it back then...

Speaking of cost to fill the gas tank .... (and not meaning to hijack the thread but...)

Our gas is currently at $1.16.4 /litre (that's about $4.40.6 /US Gal)

I was down to Blaine a couple weekends ago in the truck and filled up there ... gas was $3.09 /Gal. At home I normally put in $40 when it gets around 1/4 - 1/8 tank and that barely takes it to 3/4 ... I was at 1/4 when I filled up in Blaine and I topped the tank for $39 & change. WOW, what a savings!

Considering our dollar exchange isn't that bad right now, and that Blaine is about 1/2 hr drive from my house, it's almost worth it to go down there and fill up when I need gas.

Hi Rick. We were through your area a couple weeks ago visiting relatives. I noticed the high price of gas there. On Saltspring it used to be the highest in Canada but a new station opened up and right now it is $1.10/l Guess you will have to come to Saltspring to fill up. I also noticed that Ladner had prices .10-15 cents higher than Abbotsford or Tsawwassen.

Back to the thread...I liked the old Ariel square 4. A supercharged V4 today would be rather scary.

That is a great link to the story of the Ducati V4.I became a Norton Dealer in 1971 and of course dealt with the Berliners.They were still talking about the V4 then and of course the VTwin Ducatis were getting ready to hit the US market..As I remember the AJS was a race only model from the 30's and because of the power it made both that engine configuration and supercharging were banned from racing for awhile.There have been some great and wierd motorcycle designs over the years and I am sure we haven't seen the end yet.What will be next?