IGNORED

New guy with new exhaust option (Thrush Glass Packs)

My hunt for a cheap great sounding exhaust led me to this site. I read the threads about putting the Road King mufflers on the Royal Stars and decided that's what i wanted to do. But while on a parts run to Advance Auto i was browsing the isles because all the guys were busy. When i came across the Thrush glass packs i had one of those i wonder if that would work moments. So i picked up a pair that are 2" ID and 24" long and two reducers that are 2" OD to 1 3/8" ID. When i got home i removed the trunks and then the stock mufflers. The glass packs are really close to the same diameter as the stock mufflers so i cut the mounting bracket off the stockers. I then welded the reducers into the glass packs. Now with the stock mounting brackets bolted to the bike i slid the glass packs onto the head pipes so i could mark where to weld the brackets to the glass packs. After everything was welded up i sprayed the welds with some red engine paint that i had and bolted them up to the bike. I decided the red had to go and wrapped them in black header wrap. I plan on adding some tips soon too. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7NazETQEM]YouTube - Royal Star Exhaust[/ame]

I do like the sound of it for what we got to hear. Any way to hear a drive by or more reving? Would love to hear it through some paces. Thanks and nice job

I will try to get more video up today.

@squidley

Thinking outside the box is a must when your on a short budget. thanks for watching.

Here is some more videos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GRZJ08imuY&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - More Royal Star Exhaust[/ame]

Edited by littlebitcrazy

Wow...those sound awesome! Did you experience any backfire problems when letting off the throttle?

I had a lot of popping until i plugged the AIS(a tip i got from here). Now i only get a little when its really cold outside(the joys of Upstate NY) or if I'm on a long downhill grade. Im gonna try a carb sink soon but not to worried about it. I didn't notice any difference in performance or mpg either.