IGNORED

11 year hunting drought ended......

painterman67

no pics were taken,,I really didnt think of it as it was only about 80lbs. Had 7 deer in front of me and this was the one who stood still long enough for me to take an ethical shot. If I would have realized he was that small I wouldnt have taken him I was a little excited.

Between work ,riding and balancing time with the the wife also I only get about 3 -4 days a month in the woods .I only try to take about 2-3 deer a year as any more is a waist for me and the wife. Unless I find someone in need .The hunting buddiers and myself usually do that .We find a family that is in financial need near christmas and fill there freezer and then fill their pantry with nonparishable goods. If we find that family Ill take a few more out. Its easy with a rifle . Set back and watch so to speak.

And yes I have been persistant but cant say that it hasnt been discusting during the last eleven years as I have missed more thanmy share. Only reason I kept up the faith was being able to spend time with my hunting buddies. Ive became attached to them and one is in his 70's and is just like a dad top me.

Ok later all

David

Good job David!

I too have never taken a deer, been out in the woods many times, just never had the right shot. Before I got onto these touring bikes I was in the woods a lot, love being out there, kind of my church if you know what I mean. One of these days I'll get back into it when I have the time and money. I always had to choose between getting the last ride in of the season on the bike or going out hunting....I guess you know what I did with that time :whistling:

OMG, you killed Bambi!!!!!!!!!

:Laugh:

Just Kidding David. Congrats on the bow kill. I guess persistance does pay off. It is a very admirerable thing you and your friends do for families in need. I grew up in S. Florida in the late 60s and early 70s. Spent many a great day out in the woods. Of course, this was before developement took out all the natural land. I am now up here in Tn and would love to be able to hunt again, but now am physically unable to. Oh well at least I can still :Venture:ride some! Thanks for making the roads safer!

Don