IGNORED

Mufflers, Collectors and pipes...oh my!

Guest karras

My collector seems to have a leak and everytime I look into getting new mufflers I only find "slip on pipes". Forgive my ignorance...but what exactly is the "slip ons" does that mean it slips over the pipes?

Can we purchase a new collector or new pipes from anywhere? That is what seems to be rusted, near the middle to the front of my bike. The back looks great.

A couple of you on previous post mentionned "Marks custom exhaust crossover pipes" and the "Marks collector". Are these new? I googled and could not find. Have a web site to refer me to?

Thanks for the help!

As far as I can tell the slip ons are just the muffler section that slips on our collectors.

Yes there is a couple of places to get new collectors look for the VMax and you will find them but they are very expensive. I would look for a set on ebay or have the collector welded.

Jeff

I had what I thought was the same problem with a collector but when I finally pulled it off, it was cracked, not rusted. I took it to a welding shop experienced in welding stainless steel. But before I did so, I cut it open and removed all the baffling because it also had a loose baffle that was adding to the racket. Came out real nice. Now that the baffle and crack are repaired, the bike is much quieter and runs better than stock. I hated this approach to repair but with a new collecter at almost 400.00 from a dealer, this was the most logical. Only cost 15.00 and about 3 or so hours of work. Don't notice any change in mpg but I really don't care.

Just finished installing a used but welded up canister yesterday. A bit of a wrestling match this job was but worth it. Rattling was mind boggling, cant stand loose parts.

Bought it on Ebay, cut it open removed the inner heat shield, and had it welded shut.

Half of the heat shield and the asbestos looking material was down in the mufflers, enough that it could have been a blockage, some pieces were the size of a matchbook. Eventually shook it all out.

Great results, with sound, so sweet now, no more rattling. Bike performs better now, but it just turned cool out so that may be the reason, either way, I will take it.

Leaves are turning and falling here, temps are perfect, lots of bikes out everywhere, great to be alive!

Yes there is a couple of places to get new collectors look for the VMax and you will find them but they are very expensive....

Sorry to say, but a Vmax Collector won't fit a Venture. The Downpipes are splitted different.

So, the complete Set, 4 Downpipes and a Vmax Collector may!!! fit, but not the Collector alone. In Fact, the Vmax Stock Mufflers and the Collector are one Piece. Aftermarket Pipes/Collectors may fit. Hindle Stampeeder 4 in 1. Kerker 4 into 1. BSM Downpipes and Collector. HMF complete Slip-ons ond on ...

I said MAY fit ....