IGNORED

Bidding on TCI

I am bidding on a TCI for 83VR on Ebay, Item # 370438059554. Thought I would post so maybe we wouldn't bid against each other. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370438059554&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182 We have Ebay Listings on side bar, Would a Ebay bidding forum where members could post what they are bidding on be something members would be interested in just a thought.

This has been discussed before and I'm a little uncomfortable with it. We have members that sometimes sell on Ebay also. I think a product is worth what it is worth to those bidding. If we start a section that results in our members never bidding against each other, it could also have the affect of an item not bringing what it is worth to one or more buyers and also not fair to the seller.

Just my thoughts.

This has been discussed before and I'm a little uncomfortable with it. We have members that sometimes sell on Ebay also. I think a product is worth what it is worth to those bidding. If we start a section that results in our members never bidding against each other, it could also have the affect of an item not bringing what it is worth to one or more buyers and also not fair to the seller.

Just my thoughts.

:sign yeah that: I agree with Don, but if you're really worried about the price something will sell, try sniping it. Some folks look down on sniping, but it is one way to get rid of the 'nibbler bidders'. You enter what you think it's worth... to you, and take your best shot. If someone's willing to bid higher then it wasn't worth that much to you anyway, and live with it. Wait awhile there'll be another. I use http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm and don't even have to be around when the auction closes....

I have no problem with sniping. You STILL have to put in a value that it is worth to you. If it is worth more to somebody else and they already have valued entered as their max bid, sniping doesn't have any affect on the final price.

That's where you and I will differ Don. IMO snipping does effect the final price. True you can be out bid before your snipe is made, and in that case your pre-outbid. But taking that same snipe amount, and placing it directly on the auction will cause other bidders to nibble away at your bid until they outbid you, and that does effect the selling price. It increases the bid where another bidder wouldn't be so inclined to go if they were already the high bidder at a lesser amount. Sniping can also be used in two different ways. The first is a low snipe bid on something you find interesting, but do not need, and if you can buy for cheap...great, if not..oh well... The other is a high snipe bid on something you want or need, no matter what. That's where you can save money. If you had made that 'no matter what' bid directly on Ebay, even if you didn't get outbid, the other bidders would have bumped you up higher than it would have been with a last second bid.... Heck, it's all a game anyway....:whistling:

I don't use a snipe but I have a lot of parts in my Parts Room that I grab with last second bids. If I see something that I know is hard to get or going real cheap I will throw a last second bid at it. Got a whole bunch of parts that way. Made a lot of people mad probally. I really need those parts.:whistling:

Come in handy at times don't they Dale??:rotfl:

I don't use a snipe but I have a lot of parts in my Parts Room that I grab with last second bids. If I see something that I know is hard to get or going real cheap I will throw a last second bid at it. Got a whole bunch of parts that way. Made a lot of people mad probally. I really need those parts.:whistling:

I do the same thing with various items of marketable value. If it's looks to be going cheap enough that I can turn it over and make a few bucks, I'm all over it in the last 5 seconds of the auction. 'course I don't always win but I don't care :smile5:

Yes they dooooooooo! and put a smile on your face from what I hear.

:sign yeah that: I agree with Don, but if you're really worried about the price something will sell, try sniping it. Some folks look down on sniping, but it is one way to get rid of the 'nibbler bidders'. You enter what you think it's worth... to you, and take your best shot. If someone's willing to bid higher then it wasn't worth that much to you anyway, and live with it. Wait awhile there'll be another. I use http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm and don't even have to be around when the auction closes....

Condor. I am going to give auctionstealer a try, I can't always sit in front of the computer at the end of an auction to place a bid. Thanks

Condor. I am going to give auctionstealer a try, I can't always sit in front of the computer at the end of an auction to place a bid. Thanks

Yeah, I've been using it for years. You get 3 free posts a week and that seems to be about all I need most of the time. Sometimes I don't bid for weeks, but sometimes I wish there were more than the 3.... The count refreshes every Sunday night, and I've found that once a snipe is cue'd it will carry over into the next week, and you'll get another 3 on the refresh. So there is a possibility of having 6 active... Back in the old days I used to sit at the computor timing the end with a sweep second hand on the wall clock, but those days are long gone. Don't think my heart can take it any longer... :) I bought my F250 4x4 off Ebay while having breakfast up at the Waffle Barn.... :)

I use Auction Century to snipe and as far as I'm concerned it the only way to go. If the parts worth x$ to you; bid it and no one sees it till the last 3 sec. if I win great if not no time wasted and sure as day that part will be back again.

I like to try to get the auctions that end in the middle of the night, some times they fly under the radar and you steal the part. Sometimes not always

Pete

I am always leary of posting a note on here about something on Ebay. I would like to flag something, but I feel it is a little unfair to those that have taken the time and made the effort to follow something. My feeling is that if you did not make the effort to search, the prize should go to someone that did.

RandyA