IGNORED

test rode a trike

oldgoat

ok got to test a goldwing trike.

did not seem to like it.. its a conversion setup. voyager something???

well the dealer said it takes getting use to.

you got that right. i started out made a left turn and the damn bike plowed??

reminds me of the old snowmobiles turn but keep going straight?

well i made it out on the main rode it was fun. kept wanting to put my feet down at stop signs though. my height and stuff the bike fit kind of nice..

plenty of power. smooth shiffting. and price not bad. i was just out looking. cant afford it.. just pulled in with the old venture to rest and look around.

got an offer of $1200 on the venture for a trade. but the wing was a little over 11k..

2007 with 44k on it i thought that was high? but dont know what the kit cost to make it a trike.. dealer was sure trying to push it on anyone who seemed interested..

then i asked him how much for my bike outright? he said they dont buy that old of a bike.. WTF he wanted it if i traded it though?

someday i will maybe go for a trike. but i think i will look here first... or get a good kit for a first gen.. well thats my day for today...

If you were looking at a wing with a voyager kit on it, that is not really a trike. I have no experience with either, but the voyager is a bolt on set of wheels maybe more like training wheels. I am told there is a big difference in the handling in a bike that has been "triked" and a bike with a voyager kit on it. However, thanks for the input. I am thinking there will be a point in time that I will have to either go for a trike or quit riding. Looks like there will be a trike around here when that time comes.

If you were looking at a wing with a voyager kit on it, that is not really a trike. I have no experience with either, but the voyager is a bolt on set of wheels maybe more like training wheels. I am told there is a big difference in the handling in a bike that has been "triked" and a bike with a voyager kit on it. However, thanks for the input. I am thinking there will be a point in time that I will have to either go for a trike or quit riding. Looks like there will be a trike around here when that time comes.

You're right - there is a big difference. A friend had a Voyager on his Wing and it worked well for him because that's what he could afford and didn't want to quit riding. At the time I had a 1998 Wing w/MotorTrike kit on it. BIG difference between them

Agreed! The Voyager is an inexpensive alternative to a conversion but you need 40 acres to turn that rig around! A little hint for first time trike riding, go forward about a foot before turning the handlebars. Yes, it takes a little getting used to, and yes, you will want to put your feet down!

A new trike will cost between 28K to 38K and they tend to keep their value. You can order a triwing for your 1st gen but you have to do the work yourself or pay someone else to do it...

Bottom line, we LOVE ours but it is pricey and your MPG takes a nose dive!