IGNORED

To All My Military Brothers

Have any of you come up with a way to mount your DOD decals that won't ruin the paint/chrome/windshield? I was thinking about putting the sticker on a plate, then somehow attaching the plate to the bike (windshield mount bolts?). This would allow me to remove it someday without damaging the bike surface where the decal was. If you have done anything along this line please share your ideas.

Thanks,

Nico

Cycle Visions has premade plates they are 30 bucks, however you can make one just like theirs with aluminum stock just not as fancy.

I was planning on mounting on the passing lamp bar. You may also want to check that your base will allow it on a plate, I have been places if it looks removable they will not accept it.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/chrome/military-sticker-plate/

Here is what someone did on another forum:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/military%20sticker%20plate/jmohrmann/DODDecal.jpg

Edited by etcswjoe
Add Link

I put mine here, on the left fork cover.

That is where I have haad mine for years. Redstone Arsenal just came out with a letter saying everyone who now gets a decal has to put it on the left fork. Guess it kinda helps so they don't have to look all over the bike when it comes through the gate...

Mine is mounted on a aluminum plate. Was mounted on the back of the windshield on my RSTD. haven't quit figured out how to mount it on the Venture. Being retired the POST i have been to never say anything as long as i have the proper gear on. Since those stickers don't come off willingly i am not going to put it on the chrome forks.:bluesbrother:

Mine is mounted on a aluminum plate. Was mounted on the back of the windshield on my RSTD. haven't quit figured out how to mount it on the Venture. Being retired the POST i have been to never say anything as long as i have the proper gear on. Since those stickers don't come off willingly i am not going to put it on the chrome forks.:bluesbrother:

If you spit shine it, it will match the forks.....