IGNORED

Pressure Washing your Laptop, Highly overrated

Dragonslayer

If your like me you probably use your laptop alot. Maybe sometimes while your eating southern BBQ finger foods like ribs. You know how your keyboard keys seems to get dirty and greasy. Or maybe you might leave the thing open for days and weeks at a time letting a layer of dust settle on the screen. Like I do.

If so resist the urge to use a pressure washer to clean it up. :doh: This method of cleaning is highly over rated. At least for a laptop and may actually cause physical harm to this sensitive electronic device.

Go figure:confused24:.....Who would have thunk it?:doh:

But, that is exactly what a painting contractor did to mine at work the other day by the hands of his non english speaking hispanic pressure washer operator. This over achieving pressure washer operator in an attempt to impress the English speaking citizens of his new found country took it upon himself to go one step beyond the call of duty when pressure washing the concrete floor patio outside of my office. Evidently he thought the high wall fresh air intake grill 10 feet above the ground needed a little cleaning too so he hosed it down. Not thinking what happens to the water passing through the grill. Which happened to be the grilled opening to the fresh air intake plenum directly above my desk. My desk where my laptop was laying unsuspectingly open, on and collecting dust.....As it normally does.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

I still do not understand how he knew my laptop was on the other side of that windowless wall :superman:and directly below that fresh air vent... and that it was open and dirty. But, his aim was pretty good because every drop of water managed to land on my dirty keyboard and screen, :95:missing entirely the company owner computer, walkie talkie radios and pagers laying directly alongside.

Well needless to say a clean keyboard aint everything because it immediatly went blank, started humming, buzzing and rolled over dead.:smash2:

The good news is the contractor entertained me at Best Buy today while I got to pick out a shinney brand new laptop with all of the latest bells and whistles.:mo money: He even springed for the cost of the Geek Squad doing the Vulcan mind melt routine to transfer the contents of my old hard drive to the new bigger hard drive on my new laptop computer.:mo money::mo money:

The Geeks have also called to tell me that the Vulcan mind melt thing is complete and I can pick up my new internet ride anytime I wanted. :bluesbrother:

So, in the morning before it gets hot I'm gonna ride the old scoot:7_6_3[1]: up to pick up my new puter.:dancefool:

Cant wait to take her for a test ride........ Windows 7 no more Vista WOO HOOOOOO:cool10:

Edited by Dragonslayer

No the dishwasher would be to hard on such a delicate instrument, I would just immerse it in the toilet and hit the flush handle a few times that should do it nicely, it works well if your cat needs a bath also, just remember to close the lid when washing the cat, and you might want to weight it down also until you have sufficently cleaned your cat.:178:

No the dishwasher would be to hard on such a delicate instrument, I would just immerse it in the toilet and hit the flush handle a few times that should do it nicely, it works well if your cat needs a bath also, just remember to close the lid when washing the cat, and you might want to weight it down also until you have sufficently cleaned your cat.:178:
That reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw.

Cat's Drowned for FREE

I wish you would have suggested that a couple weeks ago when I had to give three cats flea baths. The scars are healing, thank you.