IGNORED

Dang "wobble" just scared the hell out of me...

Motorpig

So i went to the darkside yesterday morning...the dealer set me up at 36 psi rear on my kuhmo and 36 psi on the front (avon cobra)...i adjusted it down to 33 psi this morning and have put 500 miles on the tires already with absolutely ZERO negative experience...in fact, she handles better than before!!!!

BUT...ive been anticipating this dreaded wobble i hear others talk about...

Then tonight, on my way home from a "bike night" it happened...icon9.gif

I had my 7 y/o on the back and at about 45 mph just going through town I felt the whole rear of the bike start dancing all over the place...i was freaked out and upset and disappointed and worried...that was until i looked in my mirror and saw my little one rocking out to the katy perry song on the ipod! She was having just the best ole time back there!

PPPHHHEEEWWW!!!!! it wasnt the tires that were causing the wobble!!! It was HER!!! icon10.gif

BTW...The cookies were better today than they were yesterday!!!

:Venture:

I was on the interstate running about 70 mph and entered a long sweeping curve. About midway thru I got the wobble and scared the crap outta me. At the next gas stop I increased the air pressure to 54 lbs. in the Kumho, haven't had any problems since. Probably should drop down to around 40 or so and if I notice a wear pattern I will.

Hummingbird,

Thanks for the suggestion on the 54 psi...i just upped my psi tonight and i like the ride. It feels completely stable at higher speeds. I was at an indicated 105ish and had no instability...I also took her into the parking lot and did some real slow speed turns and uturns scraping boards with no issues...i must say the 54 psi feels better than the 33 psi i had it at earlier.