IGNORED

Newbie looking for some help with speedo

guess i am glad i got a steal of a deal...now makes me wonder....

Larry,

Nothing to worry about, all of the 2nd gens are that way, not just your bike. You compensate for it or fix it with the speedo healer. I use a GPS and it give actual speed so it's really not an issue. You have got one of the best touring bikes made, ride it till the wheels fall off it in a few hundred thousand miles :)

you'll get used to it...and besides, if you follow the indicated the speed...you get to "think" your flying when youre really just doing the speed limit! That'll keep the blue and red lights from lighting up behind you!

BTW...I also just use my GPS when i really want to know how fast im going. Welcome to the club! Good choice in a bike..you'll enjoy it for years to come!

I too use a GPS. The only problem I have with the speed-o being off is that I cannot set the cruise control high enough for West Texas where the limit is 80mph. I've thought about the SpeedoHealer (linky goodness) but when you increase the speed-o, you decrease the odometer (so I've heard). My odo is off now, but less than the speed-o is off. I suppose I can split the difference....

The inaccurate speed-o hasn't changed my love of the bike. It's not like I ride the speed limit anyways. :whistling:

Ride it like you stole it, and happily, the speed-o will let you think you are flying down the road while you are actually legal. :happy65:

Welcome to the site. I hope you pay and stick around.

Dave

I cannot set the cruise control high enough for West Texas where the limit is 80mph.

Welcome to the site.

Hardly ever see the speedometer anymore. I look at the GPS for my speed. The odometer is only off about 2% but again it really doesn't matter.

My Cruise trips out when I hit 132 km (82.5 mph) measured on the GPS.

Brad