IGNORED

How Long Does NO-CALL Take

KarlS

1 week ago I got rid of ATT and Dish network and went to comcast (finally high speed). I wanted a new home phone number and had it listed with only my initials and not to give out my new number when the old one was called. The next day the tele-markerters started calling. Phone was ringing off the hook. I went on line to the National No Call list and signed up. Still getting calls. I know that tele-marketers are just tring to make a living so I try to be nice. Usally just say not interested and please add me to your no call list. Got to admit the last call a few minutes ago caught me at a bad time. Phone rang and when I answered the guy asked for Mrs. Sabin, I answered. "No more Mrs. Sabin, I shot her and burried her in the basement". Long pause and the guy laughs and says " I was calling about cemertary plots but I see you have it already taken care of". We had a good laugh and I asked him to put me on his no call list and we hung up.

True story, just happened about 20 minutes ago while I was reading posts on VentureRider.org.

But how long does the no-call thing take?

1 week ago I got rid of ATT and Dish network and went to comcast (finally high speed). I wanted a new home phone number and had it listed with only my initials and not to give out my new number when the old one was called. The next day the tele-markerters started calling. Phone was ringing off the hook. I went on line to the National No Call list and signed up. Still getting calls. I know that tele-marketers are just tring to make a living so I try to be nice. Usally just say not interested and please add me to your no call list. Got to admit the last call a few minutes ago caught me at a bad time. Phone rang and when I answered the guy asked for Mrs. Sabin, I answered. "No more Mrs. Sabin, I shot her and burried her in the basement". Long pause and the guy laughs and says " I was calling about cemertary plots but I see you have it already taken care of". We had a good laugh and I asked him to put me on his no call list and we hung up.

True story, just happened about 20 minutes ago while I was reading posts on VentureRider.org.

But how long does the no-call thing take?

A couple of weeks. And some still call.

It depends on if you signed up on the state or national "Do not call" list.

I am on both.

In Wisconsin the state list is updated quarterly, and you have to reregister every 2 years. Each state does there own thing so your state may be different or not even exist.

The WI laws are tougher than the national laws.

The national list takes 31 days for you number to appear on the list, but once there it is permanant, you never will need to reregister your number.

Phone rang and when I answered the guy asked for Mrs. Sabin, I answered. "No more Mrs. Sabin, I shot her and burried her in the basement". Long pause and the guy laughs and says " I was calling about cemertary plots but I see you have it already taken care of". We had a good laugh and I asked him to put me on his no call list and we hung up.

Karl....that was funny, had a good laugh just now

:thumbsup2:

There are still people that are allowed to call like your bank even if your on the list.

Actually you can still get a lot of calls that are "legal".

ANY business that you have ever done business with may call you.

The politicians that wrote the law gave themselves an exemption so that they can call you for campaigning, polls, etc.

"Charitable" causes may still call you.