IGNORED

Never Get All 3 1/2 Qts. of Oil To Drain!

Bobby G

Sorry to bust your bubble, but you will NEVER get all of the old oil out. And that is the same for any engine you change oil in. There will always be a small amount of old oil left behind. Just keep up the regular maintainance and let her roll.... It has worked well work for every engine ever made, so there is not really any reason to change it now... :080402gudl_prv:

Sorry to bust your bubble, but you will NEVER get all of the old oil out.

I got all the oil out of mine. I drained everything I could to do the 2nd gear repair, then I removed the engine to disassemble it and while it was upside down, oil ran out everywhere.

As anal as I am, some of you guys have me beat by a longshot.

RandyA

If getting all the old oil out was a priority and you don't want to use a flush and leave some of that in the engine, why not just pour a quart of oil in while the plug is out and after that drains put the plug back and fill with oil? Would that "flush" any residual oil in the pan and leave clean oil in its place? Just askin'.

If getting all the old oil out was a priority and you don't want to use a flush and leave some of that in the engine, why not just pour a quart of oil in while the plug is out and after that drains put the plug back and fill with oil? Would that "flush" any residual oil in the pan and leave clean oil in its place? Just askin'.

I have done this in the past if the oil that comes out is particularly black and gunky for any reason. Always interesting to see what color the quart of flush oil comes out looking like!