IGNORED

How can I test the intercom?

mlew

I am wanting to test the factory intercom on my 1st gen Venture. The bike has the plugs in the amplifier for the headsets. I did not want to invest in new headsets until I know it works. I have searched through the forum and can't find any answers.

I found the pinout diagram for the plugs and made two headsets from some computer headsets I had laying around. I can get the speakers in them to work but can't get the mic to work. I don't know why.

Is the stock system capeable of using the mics or am I wasting my time? Or are the mics from the computer headsets not compatable with the Yamaha intercom? Any input is welcome.

What headset you get will depend on your helmet.

J&M makes a couple almost reasonably priced headsets. They're at the bottom of THIS page. My wife and I use the full face style which currently sells for $70. We're very happy with them. I do need to warn you that the microphone is rather large and finding a place in our chin bars deep enough for it was a challenge.

The link is to Sierra Electronics. We bought ours there. While we didn't need to contact them I've heard from others that they are very helpful if you have questions etc.