IGNORED

New Yamaha Line up

flb_78

Guest tx2sturgis

I notice the 'new' 2011 Ventures DID get a bump in displacement...from our 'puny' 1294cc to a ground pounding 1298cc!

Wow! I'd sure pay the big bucks to trade up...4 more cc's...my gawd what will we do with the extra power?

:whistling:

My owners manual says my Venture is 1294cc....hmmm....

Guest scarylarry
The local Yamaha dealer has announced they are cutting back their hours and closed Monday-Tuesday. So I guess the business isn't there right now.

One here is doing the same thing sort of closed Sunday and Tuesday in order to save money...

Now someone please tell me why I would by an RSV for over 20, when I can buy this one for 19

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258923

Oh, dang, sold already. :crying:

20k for the same old Venture is a lot. But sitting on a GW my knees would not last bent like that for too long. I guess when the time comes I would need to look elsewhere!

This is part of the schedule taken from the Yamaha web site

September 16 - 19, 2010

Lawrenceville Yamaha

155 Park Access Drive

Lawrenceville, GA

Demo

I remember seeing several posts where members had "issues" with this dealer.

Perhaps they might use this opportunity to "discuss" the dealer as well as point the reps to this board so they can see how many people are planning on jumping ship.

Planning on jumping ship? Look how many already have---whether to a GW or Harley or whatever.

I am very disappointed no new upgrade to our beloved Venture. But I am kinda relieved also cause I would probably go into debt if they did bring out a new one like we are hoping for with the new VMAX engine.

The new 20K price tag is a shocker to me, but I guess they are trying to build up the funds to pay for the R&D on the new upgrade or preparing us for the sticker shock of the upgraded bike. I can already hear the dealers in a few years..."New upgraded bike only 1K more than the 22K of the 2nd Gen model....what a deal"

As they loose more and more customers...I am not so sure they will have a touring base to buy a upgraded model.

I am really suprized they brought out the Striker...new engine and all. Liquid cooled 80 CI V twin???? Maybe they are thinking a little bit.

I think I will ride mine a while...then go look close at the BMW...I hear they are coming out with a in-line 6 with 160 hp in a touring bike? I will have to learn to like all that tupperware and top heavy I guess.

Bought my son a 2010 Raider for graduation last Thursday...got a pretty good deal, I guess but it was a fight. Just like going into a used car dealer. I felt dirty after I got home. One good thing...it was cheaper than a truck.

if you look the RSTD was a 09 they are not making new ones. No change to the venture only 20 + price tag. Unless you know the venture people will be buying HD / wing for the same price. When I both my 07 that was one of the big selling points for me was I paid $15,000 new.Saved at least 4 to 5 thousand over other 2 bikes.