IGNORED

date when thread posted 1st time?

friesman

I was wondering if there was a way to include a date a thread was posted for the first time beside the heading or title? ive just noticed quite a few old posts come to life lately and am wondering if that date addition might help eliminate postings on a stale dated thread?

Brian

Don I assume he was referring to a date from the main menuwithout opening the thread.

Not sure if this is what he was referring to but from the main menu it only shows the last posted date, not the original date.

Brad

Thanks Brad, thats exactly what I meant. When browsing thru the headers it would be nice to see if its an old thread or not without having to open it up.

I am glad someone knows what I meant,,,,, Most of the time I dont!!! lol

Brian

I like it.

Along the same lines, I think where the OP was going, was a way to highlight to someone that they are resurrecting something old.

There are some very old threads on here that are just very big and still current. Like the Scavenger hunt thread.

There is another non cycle site that I frequent that has a feature where if you open up an old thread the border of the page and the dates of the posts turn bright red along with a note next to the date in red that says "Over 1 year old", so that you are fully aware that this thread is more than a year old.

Sometimes someone does a search and if there are only a few results they may not realize, unless they make the effort to look, that they are replying to something that may be years old.

With the red popping up it makes them look cuz something is different. :stirthepot:

Looks pretty good Don, but how come today's posts show as being made on the ninth day of February? (Think about it.)

You guys talk about 9/11.

To us folks in the 'normal' English-speaking world, that was the ninth day of November.

(Keep thinkin' . . . . )