IGNORED

For Electrical Geniuses

CrazyHorse

Its my understanding that the 1st gen is rather limited in electrical capacity. Is there a way to improve this? I guess a new stator with slighty more power but dont you run into destroying your wiring. Is there another way to get upgraded power to other items heated seats grips etc. Like a transformer or something with its own wiring system? I dont know much about electricity so I'm sending out the challange to those out of the box thinkers that do.

Edited by CrazyHorse

All you have to do is upgrade to the high output stator and that's it. Not really sure what you mean by the wires not handling it.

Margaret

~~~~~~~~~~~~

there are times when wire size is matched to system output. If the output is increased, the wires get hot and you have problems.

all Jimbob needs to do is get the upgrade hi output stator and he should be good to go.

````````````````````````````

Jimbob, post this question in the first gen tech section so the first genners can give you more information.

Transformers only work with AC, not DC.

Upgrading the stator as previously suggested, along with an upgraded voltage regulator.

You need to do the regulator, so the extra power from the stator doesn't get dumped to ground.

And a new Absorbed Glass Mat battery.

Gary