IGNORED

My thumb is working - YEA

Hummingbird

Long time friends have a daughter with terminal cancer and today they had a poker run to help defray some medical expenses.

I didn't know about the run until this AM but decided I could at least make the starting point and help with a donation.

It was a 120 mile run with the 5th stop being an afternoon cook out. Hot dogs, hamburgers, ham, slaw, potatoes, baked beans, soda and iced tea. There was some other stuff to eat but I'm on a diet so I didn't pay too much attention.

I didn't get an official count but another friend was manning the last station and he had, when I left, 87 cards turned in.

What a GREAT day !! :clap2: oh yeah, my thumb went numb a couple times but it was well worth it. :thumbsup:

btw - I reaffirmed today that I shouldn't bother playing poker :bang head:

Thanks Carl - it was more special for me 'cause our daughter-inlaw is here this weekend with our 2 grandchildren.

When I announced that I was going on the run she asked about it and gave me a more than generous contribution for the young lady. It was her husband ( our son) we lost to cancer not a year ago. It was difficult -

Just talked to your better half.....Now that your thumb is healing, she is adding to your "honey do list" :yikes: :fnd_(16):

I told her to just go ahead and put all she wants done on the puter, she's so busy with the grandkids she hasn't noticed I've deleted most of them already.

With any luck, she'll gorget what she listed to begin with :smile5:

I told her to just go ahead and put all she wants done on the puter, she's so busy with the grandkids she hasn't noticed I've deleted most of them already.

With any luck, she'll gorget what she listed to begin with :smile5:

Not to worry, I printed the list out for her and will give her a copy at the rally... You don't have to thank me.....What are friends for..........:rasberry: :fnd_(16):