IGNORED

I have a question

Mischevious

Im a pretty good size guy and the wife and I are trading in our Suzuki VL1500 for a 1999 Royal Start Venture. One problem. I dont like the after market touring seat on it. My question is where can I find the OEM seat or at least see what it looked like before I buy one? Thanks for the warm welcome to the sire.

I dont have a direct answer, but we have the stock pillow top seat that many folks here have. we like it very much. I have sat on many stock seats and not liked them, but that's me. opinions vary as much as the size of the butts that get put on seats and is thus an idividual thing. for some quick reading on what others use and their opinion of seats, use the search button and put corbin or mustang or butler and you will see just what has gone on with so many members in their quest for the right seat.

also in the classifieds you may find a seat to suit your fanciness that was replaced by a what ever seat.

welcome to the site. ride safe.

Have you got a link handy? Search for Pin Wall turns up a ton of useless stuff LOL

Ebay:

search "royal star venture seat" 5 or 6 showed up this afternoon they are in Ohio, keep watching what they put on if you need parts.

the seats were the same from 1999 to 2001 on the standard models

the seat was the same on the mm model only in tan color for the 2000mm

the seats on the 1999 to 2005 midnight models were the same with chrome studded trim

the pillow top model seats came out in 2002 and are still used to date

all models of standard and midnights have the pillow tops as of 2006

mike

As stated, there have been a couple of changes over the years but ANY of them are interchangeable as far as fit. You say you have an aftermarket seat on it now. Do you know what brand it is? There are several aftermarket seats available, Corbin, Russell, Travelcade to name a few. I have a Corbin on mine and love it but with the Corbin people either love it or hate it. Not much middle ground. I have a used Corbin in my garage that belongs to a friend and he wants to sell it.