IGNORED

Some of the people in this world make me sick.

Guest human4m

Guest human4m

As some of you may know, I got rid of my 97 RSTC months ago when the word "baby" came into the picture...

Well, after budgeting things out for the new baby boy, (who is due to get here in December) we came to the conclusion that I can afford another scoot! So, we plan everything out and decide that I've got to keep it under $6k, in order to stay within budget on the monthly payments for a loan, which means I am right in 'The Zone' for another late 90's Tour Classic.

We head to my favorite financial institution to do the paperwork, spend a few minutes talking about everything and right as everything is coming together...

(Insert loud derailing scratching record sound here)

Apparently I'm a victim of identity theft. I owe LOTS of money to people and places I've never heard of.

I'm no dummy to the credit game, so I'm taking appropriate actions, but whoever has been doing this to my credit is good at being a ripoff, so I'll be caging it for even longer.

Unfortunately, I have to wait at LEAST 1 year after the last derogatory item is removed from my Equifax report before either of my loan institutions will allow me to take out a loan. It's company policy that cannot be bent, broken, or moved. :bang head:

All 3 bureaus are 'working on it' and a credit advisor said I may have to contest some items several times before they get removed, and request 'proof' in writing where I opened the accounts. Anyhow, sparing the rest of the details...

No scoot for me. I'm mad and sad at the same time, because I truly miss riding, and some a-hole is cruising around with a total of $13k worth of merchandise purchased in my name and never paid for it... and I can't even ride.

On a side note, here's Gibson Lane Henninger in 3D, one of the few things that help keep me sane through a time like this.

Pat-

First, congrats on the coming child. The only thing better....grandchildren. But all that in due time.

Second, sorry to here about you being victimized. Once by the identity thief and then by the financial system. At least time will heal the second one.

Take the funds you would be paying on a scoot this year and stick it in the bank as savings, then next spring, go find yourself a good 1st gen and ride it. You can always trade for a newer model later but you can be riding in the mean time (1st gens are faster anyway).

Dave

So sorry to hear about the ID theft and it will be a rough go for awhile. Congrats on the baby! Kids make the world go round, I have 4 kids (the ex bred well in captivity) and 9 grandkids and they are my pride and joy!

Consider joining LifeLock or a similar company because even when you get this current situation resolved your info is still out there somewhere. When I applied for financing for my ride the banks/credit unions had to call me to verify it was really me and not some crook trying to get the loan. Thanks LifeLock!

Best of luck to you on both fronts, and of course we want to see pictures of the little one in December.

Larry D

AKA Silverdeer

You are also entitled to a free report once per year from each of the three reporting agencies. We get a new report every four months to make sure it's clean. Granted if someone hits me the next day I may not know about it for four months but it's free and it's a whole lot better than doing nothing.

Guest human4m

I signed up for the 3-in-1 monitoring, so I'm covered there. 67 Hard-credit inquiries in the past year.

Amazing.

I'm on track with monitoring, and security NOW.. I just wasn't until now. I never thought someone would want my crappy identity... One of them things you never think could happen to you until it actually does.

I know some of you guys are hardcore 1st Gen guys, but I just can't do it. My old man offered me his Dyna Wide Glide for $3,000, so I might start slipping him cash until that $3k is paid off, and hopefully it'll still run by then. I gotta make sure my wife will let me buy a HD.

I'm sure gonna miss that 1300 V-4.

Pat-

First, congrats on the coming child. The only thing better....grandchildren. But all that in due time.

Second, sorry to here about you being victimized. Once by the identity thief and then by the financial system. At least time will heal the second one.

Take the funds you would be paying on a scoot this year and stick it in the bank as savings, then next spring, go find yourself a good 1st gen and ride it. You can always trade for a newer model later but you can be riding in the mean time (1st gens are faster anyway).

Dave

Do this you can start with the Best and work your way down as far as you want.:clap2: Don't be surprised if you stick with them.:innocent:

Guest human4m
Do this you can start with the Best and work your way down as far as you want.:clap2: Don't be surprised if you stick with them.:innocent:

Performance wise, I'd be open minded to check 'em out... It's just aesthetically speaking... Not so open minded. :whistling:

As some of you may know, I got rid of my 97 RSTC months ago when the word "baby" came into the picture...

Well, after budgeting things out for the new baby boy, (who is due to get here in December) we came to the conclusion that I can afford another scoot! So, we plan everything out and decide that I've got to keep it under $6k, in order to stay within budget on the monthly payments for a loan, which means I am right in 'The Zone' for another late 90's Tour Classic.

We head to my favorite financial institution to do the paperwork, spend a few minutes talking about everything and right as everything is coming together...

(Insert loud derailing scratching record sound here)

Apparently I'm a victim of identity theft. I owe LOTS of money to people and places I've never heard of.

I'm no dummy to the credit game, so I'm taking appropriate actions, but whoever has been doing this to my credit is good at being a ripoff, so I'll be caging it for even longer.

Unfortunately, I have to wait at LEAST 1 year after the last derogatory item is removed from my Equifax report before either of my loan institutions will allow me to take out a loan. It's company policy that cannot be bent, broken, or moved. :bang head:

All 3 bureaus are 'working on it' and a credit advisor said I may have to contest some items several times before they get removed, and request 'proof' in writing where I opened the accounts. Anyhow, sparing the rest of the details...

No scoot for me. I'm mad and sad at the same time, because I truly miss riding, and some a-hole is cruising around with a total of $13k worth of merchandise purchased in my name and never paid for it... and I can't even ride.

On a side note, here's Gibson Lane Henninger in 3D, one of the few things that help keep me sane through a time like this.

Life lock!!! it works, they even stop your junk mail and cheap!

Performance wise, I'd be open minded to check 'em out... It's just aesthetically speaking... Not so open minded. :whistling:

One who cultivates a superior appreciation of the beautiful?? Then you would surely be stuck on the 1st Gen. Nothing has matched it yet....

One who cultivates a superior appreciation of the beautiful?? Then you would surely be stuck on the 1st Gen. Nothing has matched it yet....

You have to consider that there are also folks who covet and collect early AMC vehicles - and think they are beautiful. (I can understand the AMX, but the Matador, Gremlin, Pacer, etc. - yeach!!)

RR

• 5 weeks later...
Apparently the CEO of LifeLock is being sued for running a scam. Not only that, but this article is worth reading:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/05/lifelock-identity-theft

They were sued because they couldn't back up their claims of "preventing ID theft", false advertising. No one can prevent it but they do take some steps to try and prevent it. I had LifeLock up until earlier this year. They do nothing that a person cannot do on their own. It seemed silly to pay a company $100/yr to do something that I could do for free.