IGNORED

Harley Davidson leaving Milwaukee?

Sylvester

I do not think that they really have any serious plan to move, they are just after some of the free money that the state keeps dishing out every time a big employer threatens to move. That and trying to get there hands a little deeper into their employees pockets. This comes up every time it gets close with union negotiations.

Guest scarylarry

Changes has to be made if they want to keep a float we all know that, and we all know that venture from the factory is 10k cheaper than HD trick out like a venture.

Then there is the maint. on them is higher and more detail trans. fuild small things like that adds up and the average Joe looks at the cost to maintain down the road..

Don't get me wrong I like HD and I hope they do survive, but as time changes so do people, we look for more of the cruisier type V-4's and 6 cyls.

I for one pull away from the V-twin for many reasons....

I do not think that they really have any serious plan to move, they are just after some of the free money that the state keeps dishing out every time a big employer threatens to move. That and trying to get there hands a little deeper into their employees pockets. This comes up every time it gets close with union negotiations.

+1 they threatened the same thing with York Pa. it's called union busting. bottom line, you treat folks right, they'll treat you right.

A few months ago they were looking at property about a mile and a half away from my house for a plant to replace the York PA plant. Kinda glad they didn't accept it, would've been nice for the county and property taxes but I'm glad we won't have to put up with the noise and traffic.