IGNORED

SilverStar Ultra part number - 2nd Gen?

BigBear

Headlight low-beam burned out, and I would like to replace with the SilverStar Ultra. :lightbulb:

Anyone got the part number for the SilverStar Ultra bulb for an 08 Venture?

Do places like AutoZone or Advance Discount Auto carry them?

Thanks in advance!

Got this link off of another post on the Silverstar:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-9003-SU-BP-TWIN/dp/B0012ETJ1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1277739402&sr=8-1-spell?tag=citofgamonlco-20]Amazon.com: Sylvania 9003 SU BP TWIN SilverStar Ultra Headlight - Pack of 2: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516XG0azCGL.@@AMEPARAM@@516XG0azCGL[/ame]

Looks like the 9003/HB2/H4

Edited by gibvel

Headlight low-beam burned out, and I would like to replace with the SilverStar Ultra. :lightbulb:

I am sorry to hear it, on both accounts.

Anyone got the part number for the SilverStar Ultra bulb for an 08 Venture?

The part number is:

Friends-dont-let-friends-buy-silverstars

Instead buy PIAA Intense White H4 bulbs

Twin Pack 10904

Single Pack 10934

You will probally have to buy them online....

PIAAs web site is HERE

Do places like AutoZone or Advance Discount Auto carry them?

Regretabally, yes.

Thanks in advance!

You are very welcome.

I am sorry to hear it, on both accounts.

The part number is:

Friends-dont-let-friends-buy-silverstars

Instead buy PIAA Intense White H4 bulbs

Twin Pack 10904

Single Pack 10934

Okay, are you talking solely about the Silverstar or about both the Silverstar AND the Silverstar Ultra?

It has been said, on this site, that the Silverstar ULTRA is far superior to the plain Silverstar in the amount of vibration they can take and how long they last.

Do you have experience with both? Just asking to verify.

It doesn't appear that you can purchase anything besides the double pack of PIAA Intense whites on-line BTW.

However, if you go to "Power sports" you can get the H4 extreme white, Anti-vibration as a single: http://www.piaa.com/Powersports/bulbs.html

Edited by gibvel

yes I have experience with both of the silverstar bulbs.

the usable life was short for both, but I only bought one bulb of each type so it is NOT a good statistical sample..

I purchase a two pack of the PIAA extreme white H4 bulbs (I did NOT buy the anti-vibration type). I installed one in my bike and have installed the spare in three of my friends bikes as the LOVED my lamp....... all three have purchase a two pack and have replaced my SPARE bulb....

The color temperature and CRI are very good, I have not replaced a lamp yet....

I searched the Internet for PIAA 10904 for the best price, as I did NOT purchase directly from PIAA. I got the pair for about $40 plus shipping. shop around.

yes I have experience with both of the silverstar bulbs.

the usable life was short for both, but I only bought one bulb of each type so it is NOT a good statistical sample..

I purchase a two pack of the PIAA extreme white H4 bulbs (I did NOT buy the anti-vibration type). I installed one in my bike and have installed the spare in three of my friends bikes as the LOVED my lamp....... all three have purchase a two pack and have replaced my SPARE bulb....

The color temperature and CRI are very good, I have not replaced a lamp yet....

I searched the Internet for PIAA 10904 for the best price, as I did NOT purchase directly from PIAA. I got the pair for about $40 plus shipping. shop around.

Shop around is right... Noticed that the 2 pack was about $70 at PIAA. Good to know you can find them for around $40.

Found the single 10934 on Amazon for 19.78 plus shipping.

The PIAA's are far superior to the Silverstars. Even on the back of their package (Slyvania) they show the life of a Silverstar to be less than half that of a standard halogen. Just walk into any automotive store and pick up the Xtravision package and look at the back of it.It shows the life expectancy of all their bulbs. I have Piaa's in the Rav and on the bike and after 4 years one finally blew.

Good thing I didn't ask what kind of tires are the best for a Venture! :stickpoke:

I bought a single ULTRA, and the light seems to be brighter than the old OEM bulb.

I haven't done any research on HIDs at all....but thanks for the data!

Where can I find a good writeup on HIDs, brands, etc? Do you have to make any modifications to use HIDs?

A good friend of mine change out his stock Mustang headlights for HIDs and subsequently burned up all of his wiring because of the current draw from the new lamps....that's why (at this point) I'm not a "fan" of HIDs.

A good friend of mine change out his stock Mustang headlights for HIDs and subsequently burned up all of his wiring because of the current draw from the new lamps....that's why (at this point) I'm not a "fan" of HIDs.

I run a HID in my 1Gen Vmax since Years and have very good Results plus no Problems at all.

Burning down the Wiring sounds a Lot more like there has been something wrong with the Install. The Ballast uses less Current than incandescent Bulbs.

Burning down the Wiring sounds a Lot more like there has been something wrong with the Install.

His issue was very early during the inception/introduction of HID lighting....apparently there were problems with heat & current draw. It was a 96 Mustang GT...and the expected amperage usage back then (:backinmyday:)....

But it sounds like current HID technology doesn't pose a "amperage draw" issue...

Good thing I didn't ask what kind of tires are the best for a Venture! :stickpoke:

I bought a single ULTRA, and the light seems to be brighter than the old OEM bulb.

I haven't done any research on HIDs at all....but thanks for the data!

Where can I find a good writeup on HIDs, brands, etc? Do you have to make any modifications to use HIDs?

My Silverstar ULTRA has lasted for 18 months, 35,000+ miles. The HID I bought is already seeming flaky (it's the cheap Canadian one you will see mentioned on this site). It doesn't seem much brighter than my ULTRA in actual practice at night, if at all. I took out my still-working ULTRA to put in the HID, and thought about putting it back in half way through my recent trip.

I'm glad you have received lots of "good" and "useful" feedback from the ULTRA haters. That could be useful in a few years when your ULTRA burns out, if your experience is like mine.

Dave

• 2 years later...