IGNORED

Drive Shaft?

Brake Pad

I have the new 2007 Star Venture. I have about 12,400 miles on it. Its sitting on a lift, waiting for a new drive shaft.

Noone in the U.S. had the part, it had to ordered from Japan.

Anyone else having a problem with their bike.

The wife explains" the wheel fells like its sliding", mostly around turns. she kept questioning the tire pressure. Now we kept hearing a whinding sound as the bike slowed, loudest sound came, down shifting into third gear. like a WUAAAAA sound. I brought the bike in a fewtimes, because, it felt like to front end was hopping. I had the front end checked 3 times, like the pads were rubbing, after a while 4000. miles we had the rear brakes checked, still nothing.

The service rep, rode the bike after changing the gasket on the left side of the bike from a leak. He herd the noise, and brought the bike back in and removed the tire, and checked the drive shaft. sure enough, the teeth were chipping off, and the threads were rounding off., upon dropping the rear end oil, we found small peices of metal on the magnet.

so we ordered, evey part connected to the shaft, for replacement.:confused24:

This is actually the first I have heard of a drive shaft problem. There have been a few wheel bearing problems and some rear alignment problems but this is the first I've heard of your problem.

Same here Freebird..

1st time I have ever heard of this too.:think:

Brake Pad,

Please keep us posted on the root cause if you ever find out what it is.

I think I have a new spare drive shaft How long will it take to get the one from Japan. Maybe I can send you this one and you can send me the one on order.I live in Orlando. I too lost a drive shaft I think it was due to lack of grease. This is the reason I have a spare.If you want to call me my cell is 407-353 3899.I am in the aviation business and sometimes hard to reach leave me a message and I will get back to you.

There is a tech bulletin out on the Ventures that deals with the noise in the rear end, normally heard when backing the bike up, this is caused by mis-alignment of the rear end, rear wheel and drive shaft. My 07 started making a whump whump whump sound at slow speeds, though it was the tires, had those changed and the noise was still there and the click when backing up started. Took in to the dealer had them listen to it, they agreed to check the rear end for alignment and check the hub. Once they greased the hub, splines and aligned everything it has been fine. May or may not berelated to your problem, but make sure they they are aware of the tech bulletin on proper alignment technique of the rear end when they reassemble it. The bulletin number is M2005-015.

while in Maggie Valley back in September, the wheel was making a cicking noise, turns out I just had the rear tire changed and the seals weren't greased, I had to go to Ashville, to have the tire pulled @ MR. CYCLE

they removed it and greased everything. I rode it home to South Florida.