IGNORED

ok ok i know oldgoats asking another dumb question

oldgoat

ok im haveing a rear tire problem. dunlop tire 404 i think? its hot out in the garage so not going to check right now. what i want to ask is there some kind of stop leak you can put in these tires? it has less then 1000 miles on it since purchased last fall. and for the life of me i cant find one single nail screw nothing in it. i checked the vavle stem ect ect. but after 4 days she goes down. never below 25lbs psi. well today i took off for a ride and my center stand hit bottom ? i heard it touch the ground? i pulled into a service station low rear tire and rear air showed 22 lbs on the class ok low tire low shocks and 250 pound guy might do that. but im trying to find something to stop this slow tire leak

maybe slime? something. anyone have a good product

thanks painterman. i just hate to have the bike down again for a tire repair but maybe a breakdown and a remount might do it? now to figure out who lowerd my rear shocks??? 22lbs is ok for a low weight person but not a 240 to 250 pounder LOL

drebb over 4 to 5 days she drops.

never goes complete flat just drops down low?

i use to have a truck tire do that and it was a lose iner valve stem but i checked this one with the old spit test and nothing. yep im puzzled over it???

Bead surface on the rim probably needs to be cleaned, which requires a dismount. Air it up fully, then mix a bottle of soapy water, and spray all around the valve stem, then all around the beads. If that's not it, then start spraying the tire until you find the leak.

I would dismount it and fix it right.

I had one that had a defect in the casting on the rim. I soaped the entire rim untill I found very fine bubbles coming from the casting. I dismounted it, cleaned and covered the area with JB Weld and then painted the inside of the rim, never a problem since then.

thanks monty good advice from everyone here. will do that tomorrow as shes fully inflated now and in dianne.s garage that girl has a tight leash on just how much she will let me do. shes a great friend but with her my daughter and my older sister i cant do nothing fun. limits my rides to around 100 miles a day then locks up my toys. and goes back to her place.

yes i do keep a tight leash on you.

with me AMBER and your sister CHERIE

your not going anywhere you oldgoat you.

as for that bang noise you heard? did you stop and think it might be your tool box in the trunk ahhh 14 or so pounds jumpping around in there might make a heck of a noise dont ya think?

no go eat the ham and bean soup i made you watch your wrestling.

check your email and facebook. then go to bed at 12.00 pm like you told the docotor you do:whistling: as if you can fool him.

and dont worry about the guy at work that flirts with me

i told him about you and your guns:stickinouttounge:

and if my second dad dont like him he will be sure to voice his opion.

and he dont ride a motorcycle so where going to have to convert him LOL

so good night ya old woderfull goat you.

Go get a spritzer bottle full of soapy water and spray the 'H' out of the tire after you've pumped it up to spec. Should be easy to do on the center stand. Start looking for big bubbles or streams of bubbles. Don't forget to spray it in the schreader valve.

Bead leaks are so slow (but over a wide area) that they don't bubble up quickly. After you wet them you need to give them some time to bubble. The bubbles are often so small it looks like a strip of shaving cream.