IGNORED

Sudden new rear end noise on decel

That French idea is great...but the drilling , etc, must be perfect.shows with the proper tools anything is possible. Still I believe Mmalaney was stating the MK1 1200s are better than the MK2 1300s final drives. I know someone who went thru three 1200 shafts in 80kmiles... but the rear drive survived.

Anyone have a broken gear they don't want? I want to try that french repair method but with my own little twist.

Mine has not broke yet.:fingers-crossed-emo

I'll post pics of the progress and do a writeup as I do the repair .........

I was going to offer you mine, on the condition I got it back if the repair was successful. Coupled with the final and ring gear it was originally in it'd be functional unit. Then I remembered I ended up sticking it on the chassis I sold Dingy for his V-max hybrid thing. Perhaps he still has it........

Edited by MiCarl

I was going to offer you mine, on the condition I got it back if the repair was successful. Coupled with the final and ring gear it was originally in it'd be functional unit. Then I remembered I ended up sticking it on the chassis I sold Dingy for his V-max hybrid thing. Perhaps he still has it........

Thats a big IF. There is always the chance that I will finish destroying it. I am not sure just how hard the metal of the gear is. I dont know If I can get away with cheap tooling ($75) or if I will need good ones ($120).