IGNORED

Broke my heart today

mrc

I sold the Honda 600 Shadow VLX today. I really like that bike but the insurance was unaffordable with 3 bikes ($2400 just for it). My daughter, son and wife all learnt to ride on that bike. It was hard to watch someone drive off with it. It just didn’t make sense to have it just sit in the garage for the next 3 to 4 years. The gentleman was very pleased and happy with the shape and looks of it. Funny thing, my son didn’t want me to sell it to anyone that he felt wouldn’t keep care of it. He wouldn’t sell it to two younger boys that tied to purchase it. It was his first bike and was hard for him to see it drive off into the distance.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Since I just bought the Venture, now I have 3 bikes in the garage. I also have 2 650 V-Stars. Last year I got a second V-Star for the wife. She decided she didn't want to learn how to ride, she wants to just be a passenger. So I got the Venture for both of us. Now it's time to thin the herd. It doesn't make sense for me to pay insurance and license on 3 bikes, when I'm the only one riding them.

Good Luck & Good Riding

Ron

If it is $2400 for 3 bikes that is about what the going price is for full coverage here!

The rate jumped from $400 to $2400 for the Shadow because they make Chris the primary on it. I also pay $550 for the 1990 VR and $700 for the 2007 RSV. No one in the house has a ticket or accident on their licence. Your correct in saying we get raped here.