IGNORED

Anyone want to go to BBQ festival?

mini-muffin

Figured I'd ask now so folks can let me know if they are interested. Either way I'm going to this. Oct 23rd is the BBQ festival in Lexington NC. Had a chat with U-turn I think about doing this. Anyway I have the link added here so you can check it out. As far as I can tell we'd have to park and then ride a shuttle bus to where the festival is. They don't want vehicles parked too close. Oh and they will tow. They do have a handicap parking area that is close to the festival. Now they start at 8:30 with their opening ceremonies but the BBQ tents don't open up till 10. So I'm figuring who needs to be there for the opening stuff, we're interested in the food. Plus they have some entertainment and of course souvenirs. I've never been to this festival but I haven't been to a festival I didn't like, they all have food. So let me know if you are interested and we'll set it up as a meet and eat. Plus if anyone needs to spend the night might want to be able to make reservations now. There's links to hotels on the site.

http://www.barbecuefestival.com/

Margaret

We did talk about having a M&E during the Lex BBQ Festival. I will be there. This will be the 27th Annual Barbecue Festival is set for Saturday, October 23rd, 2010. They close Main Street for the est 200k attendees. The url for all info is: ww.barbecuefestival.com/ . There is good eats and entertainment. Remote parking with shuttle service is available or there are private lots in the immediate area offer paid parking.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

wow, interesting.we go to the Horse Smoke Out rally every year and we make it a MUST to go to the BBQ Center resturant in Lexington to get one of their banana splits, the thing is HUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just might have to make the ride up for the wekend.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 4 weeks later...

:Laugh:

Sounds like a possible plan Randy. Hope you can make it and Linda too. Would be nice to see her again.

Margaret

hi girlfriend, this is linda. thanks for the invite with randy. i'd love go. sure hope we can make it. I had a great time with you all. U R a great bunch of folks. hope to see you all again soon. LINDA:fingers-crossed-emo