IGNORED

Saw three first's yesterday...

Guest JGorom

Took the day off yesterday to do some riding and to work on my sanity. It worked!

As I rode around I decided I would check out some of the local bike shops to look at other bikes and in the process I managed to see three that I have only seen in photos or from afar.

First stop was at a Triumph motorcycle dealer where they had quite a few reproductions (what they call their modern classics) of their old product line as well as many of the newer bikes in stock. The Triumph Tiger and the Rocket Classic (2 different versions) both caught my eye. Would love to test drive both and may do that next Spring. Dealer was very friendly and told me that if I wanted a test drive to come on back. I could see the Tiger as a nice second bike for commuting to work with and something to take out onto the rural roads to play with. I've already test drove a VStrom 650 and would like to try the bigger Strom and do a comparision to the Tiger.

In terms of the Tiger vs the Rocket, I think I would be more interested in the Tiger over the Rocket as I already have two big bikes already with my Wing and Venture. The Rocket has no rear trunk option, just side bags, and the floor boards look skimpy (on some models you just get pegs)...but I would love to test drive the Rocket just to see how it handles. An 2.3 liter inline 3 cyclinder...man that is different...would love to see how it handles. The bike itself is lighter than the Venture and Wing, I think it's a little over 600 lbs. and when you sit on it the seat is big and comfortable and well balanced. It does sit lower to the ground than both the Wing and Venture however.

Next stop was to a couple of Yamaha dealers to see if I could get a peek at the new Raider. No way...won't be in for a few months according to the sales force. I did however finally get to see a Blue and Black Venture up close and personal. What a great color, and I loved the speckled dash with that color combination.

Also saw a Kawasaki Concours out on the floor. What a sharp looking bike, but for me, 6'...240...that would have to be a solo option only. When I sat on the bike I knew right away that something would have to be done to change the handlebar situation for me. Of all the bikes I would want, I think the Concours as a second bike would have to be at the top of my own list, and it would mean that either the Venture or Goldwing would have to go. But then when I left the dealership I quickly realized as I climbed on my Wing that I already own the bigger version of the Concours which I rode home.

Later...

I also saw a tricked out

Should get a first look and test ride of the Raider on Nov 13. My dealer whom sponsers my Star Chapter is bringing one to our meeting that night and will allow test rides if we want...All I could tell them was I want, we will just see if they get it back that night or not.........

If I were in the market for a second bike, NOT to replace the RSV, the Triumph 900 Scrambler would be high on the list. I really like that bike.

They had a couple there when I first came in, but I have never read anything about that model so I kinda stuck to those I have read about and spent the day riding from dealership to dealership. Always a nice combination (riding & looking).

All in all it was a wonderful day!

Say it sounds like you had a good time shopping. We try to do that when ever possible. It is a shame that the Yamaha dealers do not always have what we want to look at.

Glad you had a good day .

Peggy

Yes...it was a very good day. The fact the dealer did not have a Raider in I don't believe is their fault as that model has not come through the distribution pipeline yet from what I hear now.

Should get a first look and test ride of the Raider on Nov 13. My dealer whom sponsers my Star Chapter is bringing one to our meeting that night and will allow test rides if we want...All I could tell them was I want, we will just see if they get it back that night or not.........

Now that's some smart marketing. I see a lot of excellent bikes out on the market now...I'm really impressed with all that is out there. I'm just thankful my funds are limited...or else I'd have 30 motorcycles to house and take care of. :)

Oh, was the Black and Blue the one at Pioneer?? Can't remember seeing a Concours there but haven't been in for over a month...

Hey Robert...Yes that Blue & Black is just sitting there in the back with the name "Bongobobny" on it. I figured they got that one ready for you to take with you next time you stop by. He seems to stick to the list prices there on his bikes...had that listed at mfgs suggested retail.

The Concours is in there too. I would like to take that for a spin, it's on the small side for me, or maybe I'm on the large side, I guess it's just how you look at things. For me the Concours would be a one up machine, I don't think my wifey would want to ride on that at her age.

Thanks for posting the picture of the Boss Hog...I saw that and saved me a copy.