IGNORED

2 days until....

bmorcom

Two days until I start my week of traveling down through NC. First stop is in Nags head for 2 days. Making our way to the Iron Horse Lodge to ride the Tail of the Dragon. Finish the trip by going up through WV via Charleston. 7 days and hopefully about 2,000 miles of great riding.

Brett,

Have a great trip, that is some of the best riding in the country through that area. If you have the opportunity go through the Cherohala Skyway. US 74/64 either into or out of Cleveland TN is a great ride too right along the river in most spots.

have a great time and let us know what you find along the way that you like/dislike. I know the roads are great but info on restraunts/lodging you find that is worth our stopping would be great.

I am heading there late Sept for a week. Can't hardly wait.

James

If you stay at the Iron Horse Lodge and ride the Tail of the Dragon, you will only be about 25 miles from the Cherahala Skyway. The Iron Hores Lodge has good maps of the good roads in that area.

Earl

Edited by mm482

Earl

You are correct. My friend that we are with actually has the information for our ride when we are at the Iron Horse. We are riding the 41 miles stretch of the Cherohala. We are going to ride the combination Cherohala/Dragon Loop on Wednesday. Guess it is 120 mile loop. Hope the weather holds up.

Rode the Dragon and the Cherohala Parkway today. Great rides with excellent weather. Thank you to some suggestions we did the Dragon first, as the Parkway would still have been covered in clouds in the morning. Saw a great looking 2000 Venture today at the beginning of the Parkway. Gentleman was from WI. Forgot to ask he was a member of this site.

We should be heading up through WV on Friday. Our plans are to hit KY tomorrow, arrive in Charleston on Friday, Western PA on Saturday and home for Sunday.